For Coach Eric Shore's Tigers, it was a repeat of a regular season matchup that Auburn won 5-2 vs. Troy, which ended its season with a 20-5 record after winning the Sun Belt Conference title. The Trojans are ranked 55th nationally.
Auburn, which is 12-12 and ranked 31st nationally, will take on sixth-ranked Florida at 1 p.m. CDT on Sunday with the winner advancing into the round of 16.
"With three weeks between the conference tournament and now, we were anxious to see how we would perform after that break," Shore said. "However, the team worked hard and had a solid start in doubles today. We need to pick it up a little more if we want success tomorrow."
The Tigers were leading in the one doubles contest and three singles matches that were not finished due to Auburn clinching the match.
1. No. 16 Tim Puetz (Auburn) vs. Luis Henrique Grangeiro (Troy); 6-4, 4-3 unfinished
2. Tim Hewitt (Auburn) def. Aurelien Tave (Troy); 6-0, 6-3
3. No. 105 Alex Stamchev (Auburn) def. Branko Weber (Troy); 6-1, 6-0
4. Lucas Lopasso (Auburn) vs. Xavier Masson (Troy); 6-6 (5-1) unfinished
5. Oliver Strecker (Auburn) vs. Mario Rolemberg (Troy); 6-4, 0-0 unfinished
6. Andreas Mies (Auburn) def. Guilherme Sahadi (Troy); 6-1, 6-2
1. No. 10 Tim Puetz/Alex Stamchev (Auburn) def. Luis Henrique Grangeiro/Mario Rolemberg (Troy) 8-2
2. Tim Hewitt/Lucas Lopasso (Auburn) vs. Xavier Masson/Branko Weber (Troy) 8-7 Unfinished
3. Andreas Mies/Oliver Strecker (Auburn) def. Anas Rouchdi/Guilherme Sahadi (Troy) 8-5