More Than A Few Pros At This Position
Some analysts might classify a few of these guys centers, but we'll give them the nod as power forwards for the time being. Our first 9 or maybe even first 10 players at this position could wind up being Top 25 players.
From Prentiss, Miss., to Flint, Mich., there are some good ones in this group.
How We Rank ‘Em; Pre-Spring Top PFs
1. Al Jefferson: The guy tossed in 45 points and 15 rebounds in the state title game. He's a man-child and the top spot is his to lose entering the spring.
2. Lamarcus Aldridge: Chris Bosh-like potential. The guy is long, lean and skilled. He recently switched AAU teams and now plays with Team Texas.
4. Brian Johnson: You have to love the combination of size, agility, strength and determination. There will be a major battle for his services.
5. Kalen Grimes: By all accounts he's in the process of taking his game to the next level. With the St. Louis Eagles, he'll be in the spotlight all summer long.
6. Tello Palacios: As the weight keeps coming off the skill continues to shine through. With his jumper and body, he's looking like a force in the game.
7. Ra'Sean Dickey: The package has always been there and we'll see if he decides to dominate on the circuit. Team captured recent super regional title.
8. Mike Williams: If this guy is No. 8 on the list then you know the company you keep is strong. Athletic and range is improving. Definite Top 25 player.
10. Cedric Simmons: We know the least about this guy having seen him in just a workout. However, the body alone is reason to offer a scholarship.
Celebrity Connections: Al Horford is the son of Tito Horford, the No. 39 selection in the 1988 NBA Draft. … Luke Bonner is the brother of current Gator Matt Bonner, who by the way was a big hit on Bourbon Street last week. … Brian Pfohl is the son of WWF wrestler Lex Luger. …
X-Factor Guy: Hatila DeSouza has been in the country for four months. The native of Brazil could easily wind up being a Top 10 guy at his position.
On The Rise: Insiders say Shaun Pruitt is starting to fill out his game. .. We hear very good things about Darnell Jackson as well. … Lookout for James Mays who is starting to put on some pounds in his upper body. Guys like Mays, Rob Kurz and Rob Rothbart will benefit greatly if they can add some muscle. …
Warrior: Every year there is an undersized guy who appears to be a few inches short but plays his tail off (see Anthony Glover). This year, Dayshaun Wright appears to be such a player. This warrior from Fowler H.S. is a key target of the Orangemen.