1. Jordan McLaughlin has three visits set. The California guard appears likely to remain west of the Mississippi and has official trips on the docket to USC, UCLA and Kansas, with Indiana also in contention but with no trip currently planned.
2. Additional trips also have been added for Quentin Snider. The former Louisville pledge traveled to UCLA — which is riding high following Trevon Bluiett's commitment — this past weekend and now has dates for Michigan State, Connecticut and Illinois. Most high-major point guards in the eastern portion of the country have committed, and thus his recruitment looms very large for his remaining contenders.
3. Another de-commit, former Indiana pledge James Blackmon, picked up an offer from Michigan. Blackmon reported the information via his twitter account and has become the subject of an intense battle between the Wolverines, Kentucky, Indiana (still) and others.
4. According to WildcatAuthority.com, presumed leader Arizona will host junior guard Isaiah Briscoe unofficially for its Red/Blue game in mid-October. The Wildcats may be able to close the show on that trip, enabling them to place a high-major guard in the bank early for the 2015 class.
5. Greg Hicks reports that Namon Wright has an official visit planned for this weekend to UTEP. Wright didn't perform quite as well as expected during the spring and summer, but he's certainly a talented athlete who gets things done in the open court. The Miners and Arizona State appear to be on him hardest, and our No. 60 senior would be a fantastic get for either program.