UNC gets their shot at Washington
Washington, Scout's No. 14 overall recruit, landed in Chapel Hill (N.C.) last night and will be there through Friday and Saturday.
Washington took his first official visit to Kentucky last weekend. He also has visits set for Texas and Arizona for the end of October.
Although Washington may be the most important recruit of the weekend, the Tar Heels will have a host of underclassmen on campus as well. UNC commit Coby White, Wendell Moore, David McCormack and Christian Brown.
Oregon hosts three top 50 recruits
Dana Altman and his staff at Oregon are in the midst of arguably their biggest weekend of of the fall.
Brown will visit Kansas and Georgetown the next two weekends. He also recently visited Ohio State and Alabama. The only other official visit Randolph has taken was to Syracuse. Davis is slated to see Stanford next weekend.
UCLA hosts two five-stars
Steve Alford already has one five-star prospect in Jaylen Hands on board. But this weekend he hopes to make a good impression on two more.
Gary Trent, Scout's No. 12 overall prospect, makes the trip from Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep to UCLA's campus. The Bruins are getting the first crack at Trent, who also has scheduled trips to Duke, Arizona and Michigan State. He's expected to make an early college decision.
Indianapolis native Kris Wilkes is also scheduled to be in Westwood (Calif.) for an official visit this weekend. This is Wilkes' second official visit. He visited Illinois last weekend and is scheduled to see Indiana, Xavier and Connecticut as well.
Other key visits
- Arizona State has a big weekend, as four-star wing Kimani Lawrence will be on campus for his first official visit. Lawrence has already been to ASU's campus unofficially. He has scheduled trips to USC, Pittsburgh and Texas for later in the fall.
- Fresh off a five-star 2018 commitment, Auburn will host 6-foot-10 post player Garrison Brooks for an official visit.
- Four-star guard Jase Febres will take his final scheduled official visit to Baylor this weekend. He's previously visited Houston, Texas and Stanford.
- Josh Pastner, Georgia Tech had 2019 wing Josh Nickelberry for the Yellow Jackets' Thursday night football game. Ashton Hagans is expected to be on campus this coming weekend.
- Australian post player Jacob Epperson told Scout at the La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere Academy combine that he will take an unofficial visit to Illinois this weekend.
- Four-star point guard Tremont Waters will take his third visit in as many weekend. He visited Georgetown and Kentucky the past two weeks and is scheduled to be at Indiana this weekend. Indiana is also expected to host Eric Hunter.
- Iowa State has a key weekend, as they'll host two their top two targets -- Lindell Wigginton and Isaiah Stokes -- as well as Cyclone pledge Terrence Lewis.
- After taking visits to Michigan State and and Florida, Xavier Tillman will visit Marquette for the weekend. He's expected to make his college choice in a week.
- Deng Gak starts his official visit process this weekend with a trip to Miami (Fl). He's also scheduled to visit Florida, Indiana and Kansas.
- Michigan State will host Nojel Eastern for an official visit, while 2019 point guard Tyger Campbell will take an unofficial visit to campus.
- Notre Dame has 2018 top 100 forward Jerome Hunter on campus for an unofficial visit. They'll also host Pete Nance, Caleb McConnell, Devon Baker and Jeremiah Keene for unofficial visits.
- After seeing South Carolina last week, Devontae Shuler will take an official visit to Oklahoma State this weekend.
- Purdue will host a pair of recruits this weekend. Evan Battey, a 2017 prospect, and Sterling Manley will both be in Lafayette (Ind.) for visits.
- 2017 forward Justyn Hamilton will take his second official visit this weekend. He'll head to Temple. He's previously visited DePaul.
- Sean Mobley will take an official visit to Virginia Commonwealth this weekend. He's also scheduled to see West Virginia and Dayton.
- Four-star wing Darryl Morsell will take an official visit to Villanova. He visited Notre Dame last week and is also scheduled to visit Dayton and Maryland.
- Buzz Williams, Virginia Tech has a pair of visits this weekend. Hokie pledge Nickeil Alexander-Walker will be on campus, as will key point guard target Wabissa Bede.
- 2017 forward Ira Lee will take an official visit to California this weekend. He's scheduled to see Arizona and Oregon in October.
- Branden Carlson will see Utah this weekend. He's previously visited BYU and will see UCLA and Stanford in the future.