We spoke with Mrs. Chitwood yesterday and asked her if Calvin was still considering Northridge, St. Joseph's, Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. "Yes, those are the four schools," said Mrs. Chitwood. "But he's only seventeen and he needs me to sign a letter of intent – and it's my wish that he wait until the spring."
Mrs. Chitwood went on to say, "I feel his best season is yet to come. He was just named captain of his high school team and I want him to play this season before choosing a school."
Chitwood has visited Northridge. Mrs. Chitwood was not sure about the timing of future official visits. "It depends on how things go. I'm not sure if he'll take any trips during his season or wait until after the season. But he will sign in the spring."