"No, I'm not going to make a decision anytime soon. I'm not going to do anything this summer," he said.
In fact, when asked for a time frame, Brockman said a decision could still be a ways off. "November will be the soonest. I want to take my time. I just don't want to go somewhere and change my mind and then want to go somewhere else."
When reminded that he'd have to do it by November to sign a National Letter of Intent in the early signing period, Brockman still insisted that November will be the soonest he'll decide.
While Brockman isn't any closer to a decision, he also hasn't changed his list of favorites. He said, "The top six, not in any order, would be Washington, Gonzaga, UCLA, Arizona, North Carolina and Duke. I have offers from Washington, Gonzaga, and UCLA."
He said, though, that the east coast schools have indicated they're very serious about him. "They're just kind of watching me through this camp and through July. I've talked to them on the phone a couple of times before I left for the camp."
If UNC or Duke offered, Brockman said it wouldn't immediately catapult either to the top of his list. "It wouldn't affect how I feel that much. I'm still going to go about it that I want to find the right place for me. I'd look into those schools like I'd look into any schools."
The word around the camp was that Duke would mostly like offer Brockman.
Having visited only UCLA officially, he said he doesn't have an idea what other schools he like to use his other four official visits to see. "I really haven't decided which of the other five, and really don't know if I'll take all five," Brockman said.
The 245-pound bruiser did say that there were some factors that would weigh heavily in his ultimate decision. "In terms of style of play, I like to run. I like up-tempo style. I also need to find a good fit academically. My parents are both principals, so they push the academic side."