Devine May Wait

Chris Devine has a number of schools expressing interest in him, but he may wait until the spring to make his college choice...

We spoke with Chris Devine, 6-7 SR SF Eagle River (Alaska) Chugiak, last night and he told us that he's hearing from Arizona St., UC Santa Barbara, Portland, Utah, UTEP and Montana St.

Devine is scheduled to visit Arizona St. on an official visit the weekend of September 27th. He has in-home visits set up with UC Santa Barbara (9-19) and Portland (9-13).

When we asked if any schools stood out from the group, Devine said, "Arizona St. is probably at the front. It's a big school, I have a couple friends there and they have a big-time basketball program."

Devine told us that he may not be ready to choose a school by November. "I may wait until spring," Devine said. "I want to make sure everything is right. I don't want to rush it, so I may wait."

Devine had previously told us that he's a solid student and he should have no problems qualifying.

Scout Hoops Top Stories