You could call Bramlage Coliseum a home-court advantage. Kansas State fans call it the, "Octagon of Doom."
Just ask the Missouri Tigers. Heading into last Saturday's matchup with K-State, Missouri was one of four undefeated teams in the country. Forty minutes of basketball later, the Tigers were handed their first loss - by an astounding 16 points.
What lies ahead is the toughest test to date for the fourth-ranked Baylor Bears. The Bears are 2-0 in true road games this season, but haven't played a ranked team on the road until now. The Wildcats are 8-0 at home this season.
For Baylor to remain perfect, they will likely need another big performance from point guard Pierre Jackson. Jackson, Baylor's sixth-man per se, has been the biggest difference between last year's squad and this year's. Although coming off of the bench, he averages over 26 minutes per game and 12.1 points. However, his greatest asset does not show up in box scores. Pierre Jackson has the ability to breakdown the opposition's defense and create scoring opportunities for his teammates.
NBA lottery prospect Perry Jones III leads Baylor in scoring and rebounding with 13 points per game and 7 boards. Senior Quincy Acy averages 12 points per game and ties Jones with 7 rebounds a game. Freshman Quincy Miller adds 11 points per game and Brady Heslip rounds out double-figure scorers with 10.5 points per game.
As a team, the Bears average 76 points per game and 39 rebounds. The Wildcats are nearly identical with 75 points per game and 40 rebounds. In their 75-59 victory over Missouri, Kansas State out-rebounded the Tigers 39-25.
"Kansas State will be a good test for us to see with the rebounding how far we've come for that," Baylor head coach Scott Drew said.
Tuesday night's game between Baylor and Kansas State will tip at 7:10 p.m. CST and will be televised regionally on Fox Sports Kansas City and Fox Sports Southwest Plus. Live video can also be seen on ESPN3.com and the ESPN Full Court pay-per-view package.
• Kansas State holds a 13-10 advantage in the all-time series between the two schools.
• Baylor is 4-8 all-time in Manhattan.
• Baylor is 6-0 in games played away from Waco this season.
• Kansas State is 8-0 at home this season.
• Kansas State is 4-2 versus top 50 RPI opponents this season.
• Baylor and Kansas State have played one common opponent in the 2011-2012 season. On December 8th, West Virginia defeated Kansas State 85-80. On December 23rd, Baylor defeated West Virginia 83-81. Both games were played on neutral floors.
• Baylor is one of three remaining undefeated teams in men's Division I college basketball - Syracuse and Murray State are the others.
Baylor Faces Toughest Challenge Yet
Bears Illustrated Top Stories
A Historical Guide to HexTexAs Baylor vs Texas get ready for Saturday, Joe Gastler shows why this game means more than it ever has.
Bears IllustratedYesterday at 12:52 PM
5-Things: It is Texas WeekTexas week is finally here, as the Bears travel south on I-35 to take on the Longhorns in a much anticipated rivalry game.
Bears IllustratedMonday at 11:07 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM