Here's how things sit after week 12:
1. #4 Baylor Bears 9-0, 6-0 LW 1. This week: @ #10 Oklahoma State: The Bears jumped over another hurdle, this past weekend, with a 63-34 thumping of Texas Tech. It didn't start out well for the Bears, but things quickly turned in their favor and the rest is history. The hurdles didn't end there, as the Bears head in to yet another top 10 BCS showdown, this Saturday in Stillwater against the Oklahoma State Cowboys. All eyes will be on this game, as Stillwater will play host to ESPNs College Gameday, and will be the featured nationally televised game on ABC. The Bears will be without key starters again, but the depth is there for the Bears to continue their dominance in the Big 12.
2. #10 Oklahoma State 9-1, 6-1 LW 2. This week: #4 Baylor : Oklahoma State quickly dispatched of Texas. Showing balance on offense, Clint Chelf once again showed his confidence as the QB, by show great running ability again and finding the open man and not turning the ball over. On defense, they completely shut down Case McCoy and the dynamic running offense of Texas. Things get tougher for the Cowboys defense, as they face the #1 offense in the country, and one of the most dynamic in the BCS era.
3. #20 Oklahoma 8-2, 5-2 LW 4. This week: @ Kansas State: Tons of things have to go crazy at the top of the Big 12 in for the Sooners to get back in to the Big 12 title race. But the Sooners also have to continue winning in order for that to be a possibility as well. With two games remaining, the Sooners may have a tough time getting to 10 wins, as they have a rejuvenated Kansas State team and the Bedlam game against Oklahoma State.
4. Texas Longhorns 7-3, 6-1 LW 3. This week: Idle: Texas wasn't quite ready for the spotlight, as they were on the tough end of a 38-13 blowout at the hands of the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
5. Kansas Sate 6-4, 4-3, LW 5. This week: #20 Oklahoma: After an early loss to Baylor, the Wildcats have become one of the most dangerous teams in the Big 12. Bill Snyder has done a masterful job of improving this team and have them building tons of momentum in to a bowl game and next year. This weekend the welcome the #20 Oklahoma Sooners, in a game that could prove the Wildcats are back. The sooners are definitely beatable on the road, and the Wildcats will look to send the Sooners to one of their worst records in the Big 12.
6. Texas Tech 7-4, 4-4 LW 6. This week: Idle: The Red Raiders get a much needed weekend off to lick their wounds. After starting the season 7-0 and being ranked #10 in the country, Texas Tech has taken a free fall and lost their last 4 games. The defense, which was once a strong point, has suffered against more prolific offenses in Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Baylor. The Red Raiders did jump out to a 20-7 lead over the Baylor Bears, but were quickly dismantled in being outscored 56-14 over the final 3 quarters, to take a 63-34 loss.
7. TCU 4-7, 2-6 LW 8. This week: Idle: The pre-season Big 12 title contenders, have a tough road through the Big 12 conference schedule. With tons of attrition and injuries to key players, things have not gone the way they wanted them to go in Ft. Worth.
8. Kansas 3-7, 1-6 LW 10. This week: @ Iowa State: Kansas was able to finally get the losing streak monkey off their back, and Coach Charlie Weiss, was greeted with a gatorade bath after his first conference victory as HC at Kansas. Behind a big day by James Sims, the Jayhawks were able to hand West Virginia another lopsided loss, 31-19. Kansas will try to continue their positive streak, as they head to Aimes for a battle of the Big 12 bottom dwealers.
9. West Virginia 4-7, 2-6 LW 7. This week: Idle: Life in the Big 12 has not been fun for the Mountaineers. What makes it worse, is West Virginias latest loss was to the Kansas Jayhawks who had their 20+ game Big 12 losing streak snapped. That is the icing on the cake for a season that was already supposed to be a rebuilding season, but nothing like this. Dana Holgerson will have a lot of pressure on him as they head in to the off-season.
10. Iowa State 1-9, 0-7 LW 9. This week: Kansas: Coming off of a lopsided loss to Oklahoma, the Iowa State Cyclones are just ready for the offseason to begin. The Cyclones welcome the Jayhawks in Aimes, hoping for their first win in Big 12 play. Kansas got that monkey of it's back, last week, with a win over the lowly Moutaineers.