Here's how things sit after week 12:
1. #7 Oklahoma State 10-1, 7-1 LW 2. This week: Idle: Oklahoma State was able to prove rather soundly that they are the top of the class in the Big 12. After a rough start earlier this season, they have reeled off 7 straight wins and handled then #4 Baylor easily. Barring a loss in the Bedlam game against OU, OSU will represent the Big 12 in the Fiesta Bowl.
2. #9 Baylor Bears 9-1, 6-1 LW 1. This week: @ TCU: Things just didn't go well at all last week in Stillwater. After taking the ball, to begin the game, the Bears drove down the field and on a QB keeper, on a zone read, Bryce Petty broke free. As he approached the end zone he tripped over himself and fell down at the 1 yd line. This was ok, except on the next play Shock Linwood fumbled at the goal line and turned the ball over. As if that was bad enough, OSU drove 99 yds rather easily and scored to make it 7-0. 14 point swing. Ball game. The Bears just couldn't recover. And while the National Championship is out, the Bears still have tons to play for including a possible BCS bowl game if they win out and things go well.
3. #18 Oklahoma 9-2, 6-2 LW 3. This week: Idle: Oklahoma was able to go in to a big matchup against Kansas State and come out with a win. KSU had been the hottest team in the Big 12 and felt good about a possible upset of the Sooners. Trevor Knight took over at QB and gave a boost to the running game, which was very strong against the Wildcats. Next up for the Sooners is the rivalry game against Oklahoma State. The Sooners will be looking to revenge a loss in the Bedlam game last year.
4. Texas Longhorns 7-3, 6-1 LW 4. This week: Texas Tech: After a bye week, the Longhorns will welcome the Texas Tech Red Raiders to Austin. After opening Big 12 play with 6 straight wins, the Longhorns were thumped by OSU in Austin. With two games left, the Longhorns still have much to play for, but it will be a tough roll heading against Texas Tech and then ending in Waco against Baylor.
5. Kansas Sate 6-5, 4-4, LW 5. This week: @ Kansas: After a loss to the Oklahoma Sooners, the Wildcats will be looking to end their season on a high note, heading in to the bowl season, with a match up against the Kansas Jayhawks.
6. Texas Tech 7-4, 4-4 LW 6. This week: @ Texas: After being throttled in Arlington, by the Baylor Bears, the Red Raiders go on the road to face the Texas Longhorns in a Thanksgiving night game. After a promising season was derailed by 4 straight losses, in Big 12 play, the Red Raiders will look to make a statement against the Longhorns, who will be without several key starters. Several questions in this game, but the two most important will be how Texas Tech handles a strong Texas running game, and how Texas handles a high powered passing game. Should be a fun one.
7. West Virginia 4-7, 2-6 LW 8. This week: Iowa State: West Virginia will be playing for pride this week against Iowa State. Things didn't seem so bad, after the Mountaineers upset Oklahoma State, earlier in the season, but things have gotten extremely worse as the season has progressed. Still the Mountaineers will have a lot of pride to play for, and will look to get some momentum heading in to a very important off season.
8. TCU 4-7, 2-6 LW 7. This week: #9 Baylor : The upcoming game against Baylor will be TCUs bowl game. The Horned Frogs have suffered tons of losses to injuries and suspensions, and have one of their worst seasons in recent memory. Still though, they would like nothing more than to spoil the season that Baylor is having by winning in Ft. Worth. The Bears are coming off of a crushing loss at the hands of the Cowboys, and may seem ripe for the taking this Saturday.
9. Iowa State 2-9, 1-7 LW 10. This week: @ West Virginia: The Cyclones were able to get the winless monkey off of their back, with a drubbing of Kansas in Aimes last week. This week the Cyclones go on the road to face a West Virginia team that has been up as much as it has been down. Both teams will look to find some momentum heading in to the off season, after very disappointing seasons.
10. Kansas 3-8, 1-7 LW 8. This week: Kansas State: Well the high didn't last long. Kansas heads back down to the cellar, after a beat down to fellow cellar dweller, the Iowa State Cyclones.