Here's how things sit after week 14:
1. #6 Oklahoma State 10-1, 7-1 LW 2. This week: #17 Oklahoma: Oklahoma State will play for a share of the Big 12 championship and a berth in the Fiesta Bowl, when they take on Oklahoma in the annual Bedlam game. A lot of pressure will be on OSU, as they try to hold back the emotions of a huge rivalry game and concentrate on the task at hand. This will be tough to do, as you throw out the record books in a rivalry game.
2. #9 Baylor Bears 10-1, 7-1 LW 2. This week: #25 Texas: November was supposed to be the month in which we truly found out what type of team Baylor was. Well the Baylor Bears were 3-1, including a win over then #10 Oklahoma. 2 of those wins came on the road, and their lone loss was to then #10 Oklahoma State. This week, Baylor gets to take a shot at a share of the Big 12 championship. Very fitting after the type of adversity and doubt this team has faced all season.
3. #25 Texas Longhorns 8-3, 7-1 LW 4. This week: @ #9 Baylor: Texas made quick work against Texas Tech, but lost two other players in the process. The Texas defense has been decimated by injuries and this week they are facing one of the most dynamic offense in the country. This game will hinge on the play of Case McCoy, but they will have to do it against a team that plays extremely well at home and one that is expecting a very PRO Baylor crowd on Saturday.
4. #17 Oklahoma 9-2, 6-2 LW 3. This week: @ #6 Oklahoma State: After being eliminated from the Big 12 title race this past weekend, Oklahoma will be able to play somewhat of a spoiler this weekend as they play Oklahoma State in the annual Bedlam game. HC Bob Stoops has never been a double digit underdog twice in one season, and this year his team has been the underdog twice, against Baylor and this weekend against Oklahoma State at -10.
5. Kansas Sate 7-5, 5-4, LW 5. This week: Idle: What can you say about the job that HC Bill Snyder has done with this team. After opening the season 2-4, the Wildcants have won 5 of their last 6 games, and are one of the hottest teams in the Big 12. Kansas State will be ranked next year, to start the season, and should be force to be reckoned with in the Big 12.
6. Texas Tech 7-5, 4-5 LW 6. This week: Idle: I think at this point, it is safe to say that Texas Tech was a bit of a fraud. After beginning the season by winning their first 7 games, the Red Raiders have lost 5 games in a row, and ended their regular season with a lopsided loss at the hands of the Texas Longhorns. HC Kliff Kingsbury does have the Big 12 on alert though, as he certainly has this program headed in the right direction.
7. TCU 4-8, 2-7 LW 8. This week: Idle: Comments made by Gary Patterson will take away from what was a great game in Ft. Worth, this past saturday. It epitomizes the type of season that TCU had this season. Picked as a favorite to win the Big 12, TCU ends the season towards to the bottom of the Big 12. Next year will be a huge measuring stick for this program, as they enter their 3rd full season in the Big 12.
8. Iowa State 3-9, 2-6 LW 9. This week: Idle: At least they ended on a high note. Thats about the only positive the Cyclones can take away from this season. HC Paul Rhodes has already dismissed his OC and OL coach, and I'm sure there will be more changes as the off-season progresses.
9. West Virginia 4-8, 2-7 LW 7. This week: Idle: Things just went for bad, to worse, to inconceivable. After allowing Kansas to embarrass them for their first Big 12 win, the Mountaineers allowed the Cyclones to come back from deficits not once but twice, this past weekend. Lots of changes abound for this team in the off-season.
10. Kansas 3-9, 1-8 LW 10. This week: Idle: Kansas ends the season where it started. While they showed fight at times this season, it is obvious that Head Coach Charlie Weiss has a LONG way to go.