Here's how things sit after week 4:
1. #5 Baylor Bears 5-0, 2-0. This week: #9 TCU: This past weekend Baylor went in to Austin and took a 28-7 win back home to Waco. It wasn't the prettiest win, but the Bears were dominant on defense and the offense was great on the ground. The Bears defense held the UT offense out of the end zone until a late TD, and Shock Linwood had just under 150 yds and 1 TD, in a game that despite its closeness was never really in doubt.
2. #9 TCU Horned Frogs 4-0, 1-0. This week: @ #5 Baylor: The Horned Frogs had slowly flown under the radar leading up this game. Oklahoma came in as one of the favorites for the CFB Playoff this year, and TCU took it right to them. Behind QB Trevone Boykin, the offense once again showed its growth, and the defense was able to shut down the Oklahoma offense when it needed to. TCU heads to Waco this weekend for a top 10 matchup with the Bears, that is shaping up to be one of the top games of this college football season.
3. #11 Oklahoma Sooners 4-1, 1-1. This week: Texas (Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX): Oklahoma saw their CFB playoff hopes take a big hit with a loss at TCU. The Sooners had been strong, leading up this game, but the defense wasn't on par with what it had been the previous 4 games. The offense also wasn't as great as it had been, especially in the running game, and a key pick 6 by Trevor Knight, sealed the loss for the Sooners. The Sooners will head in to their rivalry game against the Texas Longhorns looking to get back on track. It could be ugly in Dallas, this weekend.
4. #17 Kansas State Wildcats 4-1, 2-0. This week: Idle: The Wildcats will head in to their bye week coming off of a big win over the Texas Tech Red Raiders at home. The Red Raiders are reeling, so this was a great game for KSU to take advantage of and it did. Look for Kansas State to be in the thick of things coming out of their bye week. The top half of the Big 12 seems to be wide open, and the Wildcats will certainly be one to watch.
5. West Virginia Mountaineers 3-2, 1-1. This week: @ Texas Tech: Coming off of a bye week, the Mountaineers head to Lubbock to take on a Red Raider team that is hurting. Clint Trickett is one of the most improved players in the Big 12, and the Mountaineers have found some key playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. It remains to be seen what type of contender West Virginia will be, but one thing is for sure. They have the ability to upset any of the teams ahead of them.
6. #16 Oklahoma State 4-1, 2-0. This week: @ Kansas: Daxx Garmon has come in and filled in nicely for an injured J.W. Walsh. The Cowboys held off a strong effort from the Iowa State Cyclones, and were able to lean on electric athlete Tyreik Hill to help put the game away. Garmon and the offense will have another week to gel together, before they hit the meat of their schedule. Are the Cowboys good enough to make some noise?
7. Texas Longhorns 2-3, 1-1. This week: @ #11 Oklahoma (Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX) : The Texas defense has be great this year, and has kept the Longhorns in games that it probably should have been in. That was evident this weekend as the Texas defense was able to slow down the Baylor offense for at least a half. Things don't get easier, as Bob Stoops and the OU Sooners will certainly be out for blood against the Longhorns, coming off of a loss.
8. Iowa State 1-4, 0-3. This week: Toledo: The one thing you can say about Iowa State, is that they always play hard and will always be in the game. On the other hand, they just don't have the players to win games right now.
9. Texas Tech 2-3, 0-2. This week: West Virginia: The Red Raiders have been getting worse and worse each week. The honeymoon may soon come to an end for Coach Kingsbury if he can't begin to turn things around. They will have that chance beginning this week against West Virginia, at home. Will be a tough task, as Clint Trickett is one of the most improved players in the Big 12 this year.
10. Kansas 2-3, 0-2. This week: #16 Oklahoma State: Not much to say here. The Jayhawks were bad last week, and are arguably one of the worst P5 teams right now. The interim HC will certainly have his hands full trying to keep this team competitive.