Top Games of the Week
1. No. 19 Oklahoma v. No. 11 Kansas (Monday, 8:00 CT ESPN)
The Big 12 highlights ESPN’s Big Monday as Buddy Hield leads the high-scoring Sooners into Phog Allen Fieldhouse. The Sooners, coming off of a complete dismantling of rival OSU, hope to snap Kansas’ 14-game home win streak versus Oklahoma. Kansas, meanwhile, looks to rebound after a streaky performance against Iowa State.
2. No. 19 Oklahoma v. No. 21 Baylor (Saturday, 5:00 CT ESPN2)
The Sooners cap their big week with a visit to the Ferrell Center, where the Bears are looking to rebound from a tough road loss to the surprising conference upstart Kansas State. The Bears should be relatively fresh, with their only game being a quasi-exhibition matchup against Huston-Tillotson that is mandated by conference rules in order to disallow extended rest for a team once in Big 12 play.
3. No. 11 Kansas v. No. 17 Texas (Saturday, 1:00 CT CBS)
Another Top-25 matchup sees the two preseason favorites face off in a test of up and down offenses. After a pitiful performance against Oklahoma at home, Rick Barnes and company destroyed WVU by 27 points to reclaim their home court. Can the Longhorns continue the up-tempo offense or will the Jayhawks manage to win its second road conference game?
Monday (January 19, 2014)
· No. 17 Texas v. TCU (6:00 CT, ESPNU)
· No. 19 Oklahoma v. No. 11 Kansas (8:00 CT, ESPN)
Tuesday (January 20, 2014)
· Kansas State v. No. 9 Iowa State (6:00 CT, ESPN2)
Wednesday (January 21, 2014)
· Huston-Tillotson v. No. 21 Baylor (7:00 CT)
· Texas Tech v. Oklahoma State (8:00 CT, ESPNU)
Saturday (January 24, 2014)
· Oklahoma State v. Kansas State (11:00 CT, ESPN2)
· No. 11 Kansas v. No. 17 Texas (1:00 CT, CBS)
· TCU v. WVU (100 CT, ESPNU)
· No. 9 Iowa State v. Texas Tech (3:00 CT, ESPNU)
· No. 19 Oklahoma v. No. 21 Baylor (5:00 CT, ESPN2)