The Baylor Bears started fall practice for the 2015 season this week. With all Bears present and accounted for, there are some news and notes on the court, as well as off of it.
- With Baylor starting practice, the early lineup has Lester Medford at the starting point guard position, flanked by Al Freeman. Taurean Prince is the new starter at small forward after being the 6th man for the Bears last year, while Rico Gathers and Jonathan Motley return in the paint.
- Freeman is back this year with a much more mature outlook, so look for some big improvement in the rising Sophomore. This is his 3rd year around the program, and the Bears mindset is starting to rub off on the talented guard.
- Taurean Prince will be one of the best players in the Big 12 this year. One of the leading returning scorers in the Big 12, Prince will have an even larger role for the Bears in 2015-16. With Royce O'Neale graduated, Prince will be the primary small forward for the Bears.
- One question mark for the Bears this season is backup point guard. With Kenny Chery also graduating, the Bears are left with just Lester Medford from their dual starting point guards. A name to watch? True Freshman Jake Lindsey. The 6-foot-5 guard has great size for the position, and could be an asset at either guard spot with his passing ability.
- Baylor has had a few visitors from the recruiting trail recently. Mario Kegler came to campus a few weekends ago, and the Bears also had a rising 2018 wing on campus as well.
- For more information on the Bears activities on the recruiting trail, as well as football news and recruiting, join us inside The Bear Pit.