The Boise State men's tennis Team blanked Illinois State 7-0 this afternoon in Albuquerque. It's one down, two to go for Bronco coach Greg Patton. Patton is adding three players to the Bronco lineup but has run into difficulty getting the players cleared by the NCAA. That body has now given new Bronco Piotrek Dilaj complete clearance, allowing him to join the team. He responded by winning a three-set match against Oscar Beich of Illinois State (6-4, 5-7, 10-8) and teaming with Eric Roberson to win #2 doubles for Boise State.
Senior Thomas Schoeck has moved to #1 singles for the Broncos, and he easily defeated Alban Renard 6-1, 6-1. Luke Shields, who had been #1, has had problems in the early going this season but did win handily today at #2.
Boise State plays host New Mexico in a later match today. Here are the results from this afternoon's match:
1. Thomas Schoeck-Luke Shields (BSU) (#7 in nation) def. Alban Renard-Djordie Uskokovic (Illinois St) 8-3
2. Piotrek Dilaj-Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Nuno Jacinto-Luka Marindovic (Illinois St), 8-1
3. Steve Robertson-Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Oscar Beich-Tim Link (Illinois St), 8-3
1. Thomas Schoeck (BSU) defeated Alban Renard (Illinois St), 6-1, 6-1
2. Luke Shields (BSU) def. Yohann Nograbat (Illinois St), 6-2, 6-1
3. Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Nuno Jacinto (Illinois St), 6-0, 6-1
4. Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Djordie Uskokovic (Illinois St), 0-6, 7-6, 11-9
5. Brent Werbeck (BSU) def. Luka Marinkovic (Illinois St), 4-6, 6-3, 11-9
6. Piotrek Dilaj (BSU) def. Oscar Beich (Illinois St), 6-4, 5-7, 10-8