Coach Greg Patton's team needed the win after some rough going early in the season.
Vicente Joli and Filipp Pogostkin won at #2 doubles but Utah came back to win at #3. James Meredith and Jeff Mullen came through at #1 doubles by downing Phillip Eilers and Alex Golding 9-8 to give the Broncos the point. Once singles play began, it was no contest as the overmatched Utes quickly fell. Boise State took five of the six singles matches to earn the victory.
Boise State is now 4-3 on the season and will take on BYU tomorrow afternoon in Provo. That match begins at 4 p.m.
#29 Boise State University 6, #70 University of Utah 1
1. #36 James Meredith (BSU) def. Phillip Eilers (UTAH) 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
2. Vicente Joli (BSU) def. Jason Smits (UTAH) 6-4, 6-4
3. Alex Golding (UTAH) def. Harry Skinner (BSU) 6-4, 4-6, 10-7
4. Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) def. Dmytro Mamedov (UTAH) 6-4, 6-2
5. Cristian Hodel (BSU) def. Timmy Allin (UTAH) 6-2, 6-2
6. Jeff Mullen (BSU) def. Stephen Jacobs (UTAH) 6-4, 6-3
1. James Meredith/Jeff Mullen (BSU) def. Phillip Eilers/Alex Golding (UTAH) 9-8
2. Vicente Joli/Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) def. Stephen Jacobs/Jason Smits (UTAH) 8-6
3. Nick Gourley/Harry Skinner (BSU) def. Timmy Allin/Benito Suriano (UTAH) 8-6