There is a lot of change for Butler this offseason. The Bulldogs have a new head coach, will have a new assistant coach and have six new players in the program.
Butler has now published the roster for the 2013-14 season.
- No changes yet for any of the returning players heights or weights.
- Player Hometown (State/Country) Breakdown: Indiana-6, Florida-2, Ohio-1, California-1, Massachusetts-1, Illinois-1, Missouri-1, Kentucky-1, Rhode Island-1, Australia-1.
- #5 Elijah Brown is listed at 6-foot 4, 180 pounds. Has good size to matchup at both guard positions and on the wing. WIll be able to get to the rim and finish with his length.
- #14 Rene Castro is listed at 6-foot 2, 180 pounds Very good size for a point guard. Larger than a lot of the point guards Butler has had in the past, which could cause matchup problems for opponents.
- #22 Nolan Berry is listed at 6-foot 10, 200 pounds. Pretty slight for a big man that is listed as a center/forward. However, he is the tallest player on the roster and can also stretch the floor, opening it up for the wings/penetrating guards.
- #45 Andrew Chrabascz is listed at 6-foot 7, 205. Looks to have good size to player the power forward position. For what he lacks in size, he makes up for in heart/intangibles.
- Walk-on guards Michael Volovic and Steven Bennett listed at 5-9 and 6-2 respectively.
What do you think about the roster and your thoughts on the upcoming season? Jump into The Dawg Pound to talk about it.