As part of the new alliance, TheInsiders.com has agreed to publish a monthly, full color magazine titled Total Blue Sports. The premiere issue will be released in July as TBS' Fall Football Preview edition and is absolutely FREE to everyone who requests it.
"I am delighted to welcome the TotalBlueSports.com team to TheInsiders.com network. Partnering with the dominant BYU presence through TBS is very important to us. Combining their world-class coverage, their loyal community and subscriber base with our print publishing, scouting service and online-network resources will solidify their position as the most complete information provider for BYU fans around the world. We also recognize that BYU sports is a worldwide symbol of unity to the LDS population and we will make all efforts to ensure the quality and integrity of the product," said Jim Heckman, CEO and President of TheInsiders.com.
TBS' partners are now developing a new website within TI's alliance of college websites and will retain their domain URL (www.totalbluesports.com). Meanwhile, TBS will maintain its current website uninterrupted until its new site is fully designed, developed and unveiled in June.
Comscore's Media Metrix data confirms TheInsiders.com is, by far, the largest independent college sports network with more than 1.4 million unique users. "We anticipate that number to climb rapidly. We expect the worldwide BYU/TBS community to make a big difference in achieving our network goals in the near and distant future," added Heckman.
TheInsiders.com syndicates sports stories and content to Yahoo Sports, SI.com (Sports Illustrated) and shortly to FoxSports.com. Their current syndication partnerships reach over 25 million college sports fans (audited by Media Metrix and Nielsen Net Ratings) TotalBlueSports.com, without access to national player databases, has published more than 335 original stories since January 1, 2003. In less than six months, it has exploded to become the largest and most popular independent sports media website now covering BYU sports.
"We were wooed by the two largest national recruiting networks in the country and felt TheInsiders.com provided more value, synergy and potential to advance our mutual goals and aspirations. We are delighted to align ourselves with TheInsiders' growing national network of publishers," said Reg Schwenke, TBS' editor and publisher.
In addition to a color, professionally-produced magazine, the alliance between TotalBlueSports.com and TheInsiders.com provides additional benefits for all TBS' existing annual subscribers:
- All existing annual TBS subscribers will be "grandfathered" to receive the Ultimate Package with TI that includes access to subscriber-only articles on all TI college, NFL and MLB websites, the TBS magazine and a free subscription to The Sporting News – for as long as their subscriptions last.
- All future TBS subscribers receive a 52-week free subscription to The Sporting News as part of their new TI membership and a free copy of TI's annual recruiting yearbook. The subscription rates are the same as for all other TI college websites.
- A lot more editorial content covering all major sports from regional and national recruiting experts within the TI network.
- Shared network exchange of resources and articles written by other TI publisher sites where athletes indicate that BYU is also among their top five favored colleges.
- TBS subscribers will have member-only access to TI's significant database of detailed information about any recruited athlete in the country.
- Reg Schwenke, Editor & Publisher (Partner): Former reporter and editor with four daily and three weekly newspapers.
- Brandon Gurney, Managing Editor (Partner): Former sports editorial contributor for Provo Daily Herald's CougarBlueII BYU sports website.
- Talo Steves, Managing Editor (Partner): Longtime editorial contributor for BYU fan-based sites.
- Jedd Parkinson, Managing Editor (Partner): Editorial contributor and current Strategic Planning Manager for Intel Corp.
- Jonathon Huckvale, Staff Editor: Current sports editor for Lacamas Life Monthly Magazine and former managing editor for Cougar Illustrated.com.
- Troy Verde, Chief Photographer: Former photographer for the Utah County Journal and a professional wildlife photographer.