“Well, Utah State just got done visiting me,” said Ieremia. “At the end of the day I really hope that my feelings are for BYU, but this whole weekend I’m just going to try my best to look past everything. I’m going to look past all the food, activities, and fun stuff to really see if this is where I need to be. I’m going to try my best to look past everything to see if I could see myself at either school.”
Ieremia has offers from BYU, Utah State, Oregon State, Boise State, Hawaii, and Washington, but the two schools that he is most interested in are BYU and Utah State, which is making a big push for his services.
“I’m definitely going to compare my visit to Utah State last week to this week,” Ieremia said. “Boise State was going hard after me too and I was supposed to go there for a trip this weekend but I turned them down to go to BYU. If I don’t sign with BYU it will be with Utah State. When I was up there I just tried my best to see if I see myself up there at Utah State, and I did a lot of praying before I went up there and I loved it! The coaching staff is great and I love them, so it’s really up to me to just go on my trip to BYU this weekend and do the same thing to make a comparison. I just need to see which fit is more perfect for me.”
While up at Utah State, Ieremia set aside all the hoopla to just focus on what was more real with the university to see if it was a good fit for him in many areas. This weekend he’ll take a similar evaluating approach to BYU.
“I’m mostly excited about seeing what BYU has to offer and then compare the two between them and Utah State, but what I’m mostly excited about when I go up to BYU is if I feel the spirit,” Ieremia said. “I want to see if this is a place where I can see myself fitting in and playing for given what BYU has to offer. I just want to compare the two then go from there.”
While Ieremia is a soft verbal to BYU right now his official visit will either solidify that soft verbal, or switch his commitment entirely to Utah State. While he may not fully know right now, he believes he will by Monday.
“I’m going to decide on Monday,” he said. “After my trip to BYU I’m going to make a final decision. I think my trip to BYU will really either confirm my decision to commit to BYU or the other way around. Either way I’m going to make my final decision on Monday.”