BYU has their eye on several young basketball prospects in
Another 6'7" sophomore that will have recruiters banging on his door is
Here are other players that will likely be on the recruiting radar:
- Johnny Little is a 6'1" senior guard from
, who lit up Murray High School two weeks ago with 34 points. Lone Peak
- Brad Garrett, the 6'6" wing player from Pine View HS in St. George continues his scoring tear. He recently scored 28 against Timpview, the state's best team.
- Speaking of Timpview, Chris Miles, the 6'10" junior who will be a national recruit next year, continues to hit his average of 14 points per game. Timpview is undefeated at 9-0.
- David Burgess is the other premier LDS junior recruit besides Miles. The younger brother of Chris Burgess is 6'10", 250 and projects to be a major recruit next year. He is out of Woodbridge HS in
. While not extremely athletic, he understands how to play in the low post and is a ferocious rebounder. He led the prestigious ABCD national camp this past summer in Irvine, California in rebounding. New Jersey
On the Juco scene, Yakhouba Diawara, the 6-7, 230 pound wing from
Other juco prospects:
- Tim Henry, the 6-5 freshman guard from
is averaging 18.1 points per game. BYU is trying to stay involved with both players. Salt Lake Community College
- Speaking of SLCC, they have already had three players commit to Division I programs. Cameron Goettsche will sign with UC Santa Barbara. He is LDS and played his freshman year at
. Jeff Blackett is a 6'7" returned LDS missionary from Utah and has committed to sign with Ogden . Jack Marlowe is a 7'0" center from Hawaii . He signed with Oklahoma out of high school, transferred to SLCC and is headed to Oklahoma State next year. Fresno State