- RealTimeRPI: 299| Pomeroy: 338 | WarrenNolan: 298 | Nolan Power Index: 326
- Lone win is against NAIA school Robert Morris-Springfield, 85-61
- Have lost to Illinois by 20, Illinois St by 30, Lipscomb by 3 and Hampton by 4
- This is the Bracket Buster return game from last year where the Titans won at Dilapidated Titan Gym 78-74
- Team plays in Ohio Valley Conference but are not eligible for post-season tournament until next year. SIU-E became a DI member in 2008.
- Three-point shooting team. Freshman Kris Davis is leading the NCAA in three-point percentage, hitting 11-14.
- 6-6 junior Mark Yelovich is leading scorer at 13.3 ppg followed by 6-6 Jerome Jones and Davis at 12.4 ppg. All take approximately a third of their shots from behind the arc.
- In fact, top six scorers all shoot it from distance. Only starter three-point shy is 6-7 junior Derian Shaffer who has yet to take a three-pointer
- Yelovich has scored in double figures in every game this season while pulling down 4.8 rebounds per game.
- Jones (Missouri State transfer) is the leading rebounder, by far, at 7.4 rpg.
- They are not afraid to use their bench and will go 9 or 10 deep. Seven players have reached double digits in games.
- They take care of the ball but have trouble rebounding.
- Zeke Schneider is their lone big man at 6-9, 225 but only averages 10 minutes per game. This could be one of the few games this year where our current starting lineup won't be over-matched inside.
- Vegas: Titans by 9.5
- SUMMARY: Stop Jones and Yelovich and Titans will win.