The Titans (8-3) face UC Davis (1-11). Tip-off is Thursday at 7:00 PM in Dilapidated Titan Gym.
|CSF||199 (15)||104 (5)||172 (1)||203 (--)||138 (3)||163|
UC Davis Aggies Scouting Report
- Only win is against a team named the Banana Slugs (UC Santa Cruz) by 6 points.
- Notable losses include Eastern Washington by 20 (Titans beat them by 15), at San Jose State by 20, at UCLA by 43, home to Stanford by 21. Last game they lost to So. Utah by 11 on the road.
- With the loss of leading scorer and 3-pt specialist Ryan Sypkens (6-4), who had games of 17 and 22 points vs. Cal State Fullerton last season, the Aggies are struggling.
- UC Davis is still leading the conference in 3-pt attempts with 99 and have made a league best 8.25 per game (Titans have taken 86 and average a little less then 8 made per game). They make 36%, which ranks 2nd in the Big West.
- 6-2 So. Guard Tyler Les has drained 21 3-pointers the last five games including a school-record tying eight at San Jose State on Dec. 20. He is currently second in the Big West (2.8 per game)
- UC Davis is awful in pretty much every other category. Aggies are dead last in rebounding margin at -8.4 while the Titans lead the league at +10.8 (which computes to a +19.2 advantage).
- The Aggies' roster is comprised of four freshman, six sophomores, three juniors and two seniors
- So. F Josh Ritchart is the team's leading scorer at 11.7 ppg. He also blocks a lot of shots. He was last year's Big West Co-Freshman of the Year.
- Throwing Darts. Hard to figure out who the top players are as UC Davis has nine different starting lineups, including a different starting five each of the last eight games. In tight games they go about eight or nine deep.
- Keys to game for Titans: Defend the three, plain and simple. This is the only way UC Davis comes close. Even if the Titans don't do this, chances are they will come out on top. I would never recommend over-looking anyone to prep for a future opponent but we are playing UC Davis and UOP is a only 4 days after. Just sayin'.
- Vegas: Titans by 19 with the score being roughly 84-65.