While it has commonly been referred to as an expansion to the gym, Bond says, "It's truly not a 'gym expansion'. It's an instructional addition to our Physical Education Building."
The addition will feature the following:
- The new structure will add 56,570 gross square feet, 40,000 net.
- Includes 41 faculty offices; offices for the department of Kinesiology and Health promotion
- Contain a 125 seat lecture hall
- Additional lecture and seminar rooms
- A 14,000 square foot practice gym
- A 10,000 square foot wellness center which includes classrooms for biomechanics, exercise physiology, and physical assessment
- And classrooms for anatomy and movement, motor behavior, performance enhancement,
sports psychology, and group exercise.
UPDATE (Sep 19, 2001):
A completion date of January, 2003 is currently scheduled.
I was on campus Tuesday and the site has been fenced off as shown from the graphic below.
TitanCentral.com Spin: Apparently there will be no renovations to the existing gym which is in dire need of new lighting and a adequate sound system. We won't even bother to mention the need for an upgrade to the junior high school scoreboard recently added.