Disclaimer: These notes are paraphrased from a brief conversation with coach Andy Newman. Some information may not be exact quotes but the TitanCentral.com did its best to capture the points being made:
|Nov. 7th, 2006||SDSU Scrimmage|
|Nov. 14th, 2006||Hope International|
- UTSA is a good team and they play well at home.
- Players were getting their feet wet against their first Division I opponent. In the first half some were playing with a little too much excitement and needed to settle in. They pretty much forgot everything they had practiced.
- Titans played some zone in the first half after Crenshaw picked up his second foul; Man-to-man was played the entire second half.
- Second half, team played well and played much better defensively. They held UTSA to 25% shooting in the second half.
- Marcus Crenshaw played well.
- At half-time coach Burton "talked" to Justin because he was out of sync in the first half.
- Justin Burns put the team on his back in the second half and that was a big difference.
- Chris Minardo cut his forehead during yesterday's practice and was limited somewhat. Andrew Green played well and Kenneth Alexander finally came out of his shell so that also limited Minardo's playing time.
- Obviously any win is a good win, especially on the road.
- Bruce Bowen stopped by after practice and talked to the team. Basically told them to hold their heads up high and have pride playing for Cal State Fullerton. He is a true Titan.
- Players are going to the San Antonio Spurs/Miami Heat game tonight before heading out to Louisiana.