I left my heart in Nacogdoches, we lost both games, I'm glad to leave
Although the shrimp and good gumbo, made it slightly better though
It was darn cold, the refs were sold, so I don't care
The team waits here in Orange County, above the grey and rainy skies
The sun will shine again in Orange County, the Titans too will also rise!
Sung to the tune of “I Left My Heart in San Francisco”
** MEN’S BASKETBALL NEWS: The Fightin’ Titans (0-0, 3-2) return from Texas ill, chastened and bloody. Jacques Streeter was at 50% or so as he tried to play through the flu. Gerard Anderson cut his shooting hand before the trip. requiring 10 stitches. It definitely affected his ability to slam dunk, and he missed two critical free throws against Stephen F. Austin.
- Central Arkansas: An ugly performance by the Titans. We lost 69-49 to a not great Central Arkansas team. Unlike President Nixon, I would immediately burn the tapes! I will write no more about that game.
- Stephen F. Austin: A much improved performance by the Titans, which was unfortunately marred by some very controversial officiating when a blocking foul was called on Jer'Vaughn Johnson with 0.5 seconds remaining, and the Titans clinging to a 1 point lead. Needless to say, the hometown Lumberjacks made both free throws and the Titans fell 62-61. 26 fouls were called on the Titans, compared to only 15 fouls called on the Lumberjacks.
The Titans shot 6 for 10 from 3-point range, and outrebound their opponents 32-31. Jer'Vaughn Johnson led the Titans with 13 points and 6 rebounds. Aaron Thompson, Jacques Streeter and "V.I." Peltier add 11 points each. The Titans travel to San Diego State on Wednesday.
- Wed., Dec. 9 - @ San Diego State – 7:00 p.m. – Viejas Arena
- Sat., Dec. 12 – vs. Occidental – 7:30 p.m. (Doubleheader) – Historic Titan Gym
- Mon., Dec. 21 – vs. Weber State – 5:30 p.m. MT – Logan, UT (Travelers’ Tournament)
- Tue., Dec. 22 - @ Utah State – 8:00 p.m. MT – Logan, UT (Travelers’ Tournament)
- Wed., Dec. 23 – vs. Morehead State – 5:30 p.m. MT – Logan, UT (Travelers’ Tournament)
- Mon., Dec. 28 – vs. Cal State Bakersfield – 7:05 p.m. – Historic Titan Gym
Go Titans! Wear Orange !!
“Captain Kirk” G. San Roman,
Revered Editor in Chief,
Chairman of the Bored
Disclaimer: Lawyers for the NCAA, RNC, the Papal Nuncio, Interpol, CSUF university compliance, and arbiters of good taste in general would like me to remind you that Captain Kirk's Titan Sports Report & Bedtime Stories is not an official publication of Cal State Fullerton Athletics (or any other organization for that matter). It is intended as a fun and (allegedly) humorous source of Titan sports information written by a man who received great spiritual comfort from the silent musings of “Bunny Rabbit” on the Captain Kangaroo show.