When: Tues., Dec. 29, 1 pm CT/11 am PT
Where: Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Tex.
TV: ESPN - Dave Flemming (play-by-play), Mike Bellotti (analyst), Allison Williams (sideline)
Radio: KGO 810 AM - Joe Starkey (play-by-play), Mike Pawlawski (analyst), Todd McKim (sideline)
Armed Forces Bowl Radio Network/ESPN Deportes: Brian Estridge (play-by-play), John Denton (analyst), Rod Best (analyst), Landry Burdine (sideline)
Sirius XM Satellite Radio: Sirius (145) and XM (201)
Series History: Cal leads, 6-2
Fist Meeting: Air Force 15, at Cal 14 (Nov. 11, 1961)
Last Meeting: Cal 42, Air Force 36 (Dec. 31, 2007) ... Armed Forces Bowl
Current Win Streak: Cal, 2
By the Numbers
- The Bears allowed just six sacks over the final five games, after having allowed 20 over the previous seven, and allowed 16 tackles for loss over the final five games, compared to the 47 they gave up in the first seven games of the season.
- Air Force is 19th in the nation in sacks (2.77 per game), third in sacks per opponent passing attempt (0.10), 32nd in tackles for loss (7.00 per game), 23rd in fewest passing yards allowed (190.38 ypg), fifth in passing completions allowed (13.85 cpg), ninth in fewest rushing first downs allowed (6.23 per game), ninth in lowest completion percentage allowed (51%) and second in fewest offensive plays allowed (61.46).
- Cal has set single-season school marks in 2015 for passing yardage (4,425), passing touchdowns (38) and total offense (6,293) that were previously established in 2014 and has an opportunity to add single-season marks during its bowl game in total yards per game (524.4 ypg, record 495.2 in 2014), passing yards per game (368.8 ypg, record 331.4 in 2013), completions (327, record 368 in 2013), first downs (314, record 321 in 2003), first downs passing (185, record 188 in 2014), yards per play (6.86, record 7.03 in 2004) and fewest punt returns allowed (6, record 7 in 2014).
- Cal is 24th in the nation with 76.50 plays per game on offense, 14th in the nation in percent of plays that go for a first down or touchdown (37.36%), 20th in completion percentage (64%), 21st in offensive explosiveness, and fifth in passing completions per game (27.25), passint touchdowns (3.17 per game), passing yards per game (368.75) and passing first downs (15.42 per game). The Bears are, however, 107th in rushing attempts (33.75 per game), 73rd in rushing first downs (8.75 per game), 95th in rushing touchdowns (1.25 per game) and 85th in rushing yards (155.67 per game).
- Cal ranks fifth nationally in passing offense (368.8 ypg), eighth in total offense (524.4 ypg) and 21st in scoring offense (36.5 ppg), with the Bears second in the Pac-12 in both passing offense and total offense as well as fourth in scoring offense.
- Cal is the only team in the nation with six different receivers with at least 35 receptions, 450 yards receiving and two touchdown catches in 2015. Kenny Lawler (47-583, 10 TD) leads the team in receptions and touchdown catches, while Bryce Treggs paces the squad in receiving yards and average yards per reception (41-813, 6 TD, 19.8 ypr). Treggs is two touchdown receptions from passing his father's career mark for scoring grabs, having already surpassed his Hall-of-Fame pops in career receptions and career receiving yards. Other top targets include include Darius Powe (43-490, 6 TD), Stephen Anderson (40-460, 2 TD), Trevor Davis (38-653, 2 TD) and Maurice Harris (36-491, 6 TD). All six have played in all 12 games, and all but Lawler (a redshirt junior) are seniors.
- The Falcons, running the triple option, have seven players with at least 300 yards rushing, led by Jacobi Owens (186 carries for 1,009 yards). Also topping the 300-yard mark are quarterback Karson Roberts (152 for 647), D.J. Johnson (82 for 425), Timothy McVey (45 for 397), Bryan Driskell (48 for 332), Shayne Davern (46 for 323) and Benton Washington (44 for 321).
Goff and the NFL
Not a BearTerritory.net member? Sign up now and you'll get a seven day FREE trial! Join the BearTerritory family, and get all the great information from Cal football practices, Cal football games, access to Oski's Premium Lounge, plus the latest on football, basketball and baseball, and all of the premium recruiting updates on BearTerritory.net. Become a member today!