- The Golden Bears finish the 2015 season with an overall record of 8-5, their first eight-win season since 2009 and the 11th since 1952. The 55 points scored broke the school bowl record of 52 (2003 Insight Bowl when the Bears defeated Virginia Tech, 52-49). Cal is now 11-10-1 all time in bowl games. The last time Cal won a bowl game was in 2008 (Emerald Bowl vs. Miami, 24-17).
- Quarterback Jared Goff increased his school record to 12,200 career passing yards. He also increased his school record for career touchdown passes to 96. Goff completed 25-of-37 passes for 467 yards (Cal bowl record) and six touchdowns (Cal bowl record). He now has 30 250-yard passing performances, 21 300-yard passing performances and eight 400-yard passing games, all school records. Goff also broke his own school single-season record for completions with 341. He entered the bowl game with 316 and topped his previous record of 320 set in 2014.
- Goff’s final passing stats for the season are: 341-of-530 for 4,719 yards and 43 touchdowns with 13 interceptions. His 43 passing touchdowns this season are a Pac-12 single-season record, surpassing the 42 by Oregon’s Marcus Mariota last year. He also set the Pac-12 single-season record for passing yardage, surpassing the 4,662 yards by Oregon State’s Sean Mannion in 2013. He has 14 straight games with at least two touchdown passes, and three or more in nine of those. He also garnered the fifth of game of his career in which he threw for at least five touchdown passes, and three in his last four games. The five touchdown passes were also Cal and Armed Forces Bowl records.
- Wide receiver Kenny Lawler caught three touchdown passes today for the fourth time in his career, which is also a Cal bowl record. Now with 27 career touchdown receptions, he ranks tied for second on Cal's career list. He also ranks tied for second on the school single-season list, as well, with 13. It was Lawler’s ninth multi-receiving touchdown performance of his career.
- Senior wide receiver Bryce Treggs has caught a pass in 45 of the last 46 games that he has played in and his last 39 contests in a row. His first quarter touchdown was the 15th of his career, which tied him with his father, Brian, for eighth on Cal’s career receiving touchdown list. The touchdown was his seventh this season, which tied him for 10th on Cal’s single-season list.
- Senior receiver Darius Powe joined Treggs on the single-season receiving touchdown list with his seventh of the campaign in the second quarter.
- Cornerback Darius Allensworth notched his team-leading third forced fumble, which is also the third of his career that leads all active players.
- Senior defensive end Kyle Kragen picked up his first career fumble recovery in the second quarter, and his second career forced fumble in the third quarter.
- For the first time in their careers, Cal’s five senior wide receivers – Treggs, Stephen Anderson, Maurice Harris, Powe and Trevor Davis started a game at the same time.
- Cal set school records for total yards per game (529.2) and passing yards per game (376.3). The Bears also broke the school season marks for first downs (341) and first downs passing (201).
MESSAGE BOARDS: Bowl Game Day Central
Now that Cal's season is over, it's time for RECRUITING! We've got the best team in the business, and a special deal! Buy a one-month membership to BearTerritory, and you'll get premium membership all the way through March Madness! DETAILS HERE
Not a BearTerritory.net member? Sign up now and you'll get a seven day FREE trial! Join the BearTerritory family, and get all the great information from Cal football practices, Cal football games, access to Oski's Premium Lounge, plus the latest on football, basketball and baseball, and all of the premium recruiting updates on BearTerritory.net. Become a member today!