- Ivan Rabb finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds – his team-leading ninth double-double of the season. He also hit his first 3-ponter of the season from the top of the key with 3:22 left.
- Cal outrebounded Arizona, 44-31, and held a 28-10 scoring advantage on second-chance points. The Wildcats entered game with +10.7 rebounding margin, while Cal was +7.2.
- Cal is now 3-2 vs. ranked opponents this year with wins over Utah, Arizona (at home) and Oregon, and losses at Virginia and Arizona.
- With his 13 rebounds, Rabb increased his season total to 254, which ranked second on Cal’s freshman list behind only Ryan Anderson (269, 2006-07) and Leon Powe (256, 2003-04).
- Jordan Mathews finished with 12 points to increase his career total to 1,133 points and tying him for 33rd in school history with Harper Kamp (2008-12). He also made two 3-pointers to raise his season total to 77, extending a career high.
- Tyrone Wallace moved up one spot on Cal’s career rebounding list, now with 661 for 14th all-time.
- Jabari Bird finished with 13 points, the seventh time in his last eight games he’s reached double figures.
- Centers Kameron Rooks and Kingsley Okoroh combined for 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Cal shot just 36.5% from the field (23-of-63), the second-worst shooting night the Bears have had this season (the worst being at Colorado on Jan. 31, 2015).
- Only twice this season has Cal had fewer than the seven assists it had on Thursday against Arizona.
Breaking down No. 25 California's loss to No. 18 Arizona on the road at McKale Center
BearTerritory.net Top Stories
Cal Press Conference: Introducing WilcoxWe've got your live view at Cal's head coaching press conference, as the Bears introduce head coach Justin Wilcox.
BearTerritory.netYesterday at 10:34 PM
UPDATE: Baldwin Announces He Will Be Cal OCNew Cal head coach Justin Wilcox is reportedly pursuing Beau Baldwin, the current head coach at Eastern Washington, to be his offensive coordinator.
BearTerritory.netYesterday at 1:26 PM
Highlights of Top 10 2018 PF Jordan BrownJordan Brown is Scout's 6th ranked 2018 prospect. Here are highlights of Brown against Chino Hills.
Scout HoopsYesterday at 10:44 AM
Justice Sueing Talks Cal OfferFrom Hawaii to Arizona, back to Hawaii and now to California, Justice Sueing has put on a lot of miles in his pursuit of a Division I scholarship, and now, he has several to choose…
BearTerritory.netYesterday at 12:27 AM
Garbers Talks Wilcox, Cal Future2017 Cal quarterback commit Chase Garbers has talked to Justin Wilcox, and has gained new insight into the kind of offense the Bears will run under their new head coach.
BearTerritory.netSunday at 9:27 AM