- Ivan Rabb finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds – his team-leading ninth double-double of the season. He also hit his first 3-ponter of the season from the top of the key with 3:22 left.
- Cal outrebounded Arizona, 44-31, and held a 28-10 scoring advantage on second-chance points. The Wildcats entered game with +10.7 rebounding margin, while Cal was +7.2.
- Cal is now 3-2 vs. ranked opponents this year with wins over Utah, Arizona (at home) and Oregon, and losses at Virginia and Arizona.
- With his 13 rebounds, Rabb increased his season total to 254, which ranked second on Cal’s freshman list behind only Ryan Anderson (269, 2006-07) and Leon Powe (256, 2003-04).
- Jordan Mathews finished with 12 points to increase his career total to 1,133 points and tying him for 33rd in school history with Harper Kamp (2008-12). He also made two 3-pointers to raise his season total to 77, extending a career high.
- Tyrone Wallace moved up one spot on Cal’s career rebounding list, now with 661 for 14th all-time.
- Jabari Bird finished with 13 points, the seventh time in his last eight games he’s reached double figures.
- Centers Kameron Rooks and Kingsley Okoroh combined for 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Cal shot just 36.5% from the field (23-of-63), the second-worst shooting night the Bears have had this season (the worst being at Colorado on Jan. 31, 2015).
- Only twice this season has Cal had fewer than the seven assists it had on Thursday against Arizona.
Breaking down No. 25 California's loss to No. 18 Arizona on the road at McKale Center
BearTerritory.net Top Stories
Pump: Five offers for Top 15 ChristopherANAHEIM, Calif. - One of 2020's top prospects nationally, SoCal's Josh Christopher has five early offers. The Top 15 shooting guard broke down his recruitment.
Scout HoopsYesterday at 10:45 PM
Watson named to Doak Walker Watch ListJunior Cal running back Tre Watson is on the preseason watch list for the Doak Walker Award, given to the nation's top running back.
BearTerritory.netThursday at 10:17 AM
Contract Details: Cal head coach Mike NeuCal head coach Mike Neu has signed an incentive-laden contract to coach Cal baseball for three years.
BearTerritory.netWednesday at 4:41 PM
Matt Bradley: Music Man2018 Cal basketball commit Matt Bradley's NFL physique hides the heart of a musician.
BearTerritory.netTuesday at 6:58 PM