- Tuesday and Wednesday were "physical days" of practice
- Sonny Dykes says both Aaron Cochran and Patrick Mekari will play left tackle. Mekari missed practice early in the week after rolling his ankle against San Diego State.
- Inside receiver Matthew Rockett is "sore" and was on crutches on Thursday. He will be a game-time decision.
- Jake Spavital wants Davis Webb to spread the ball around, but at the end of the day, Dykes said "we just want to move the ball and score points. I don't care if it's one guy catching every pass or everybody catching two. The big thing is just to move the football and score enough points for us to have a chance to win."
- The offense, Dykes said, is better when the Bears run. Cal ran just 22 times last week, and turned the ball over four times. Dykes said running the ball results in fewer turnovers. "We had some success against them last year," Dykes said, "but this is a different team. I don't think there's going to be any carry-over from that, at all."
- Last year, Khalfani Muhammad rushed for 164 yards against the Longhorns, and and had a good week of practice this week.
MORE TEXAS WEEK COVERAGE
- IN-DEPTH OFFENSIVE PREVIEW WITH JAKE SPAVITAL (MEMBERS)
- WHAT TO WATCH: 3 THINGS ON OFFENSE
- MARSHAWN LYNCH WITH BEAR GRYLLS IS HILARIOUS
- SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: Q&A WITH HORNS DIGEST (MEMBERS)
- BTTV: ART KAUFMAN TALKS TEXAS
- ONE ON RUN: FRED TATE TALKS RUN GAME (MEMBERS)
- CAL PARTNERS WITH BEASTMODE
- INSIDE THE MATCHUP: TEXAS VS CAL
- CAL VISIT LIST FOR TEXAS
- BTTV: SONNY DYKES PREVIEWS TEXAS
- DYKES NOT KEEN ON CALIFORNIA MATCH-UPS
- TEXAS'S STRENGTH IS CAL'S WEAKNESS (MEMBERS)
- CHARLIE STRONG PREVIEWS CAL (MEMBERS)