California (3-2, 1-1 in Pac-12) vs. Oregon State (1-3, 0-1)
Weekly Press Conference Thread (members)
When: Sat., Oct. 7, 6:00 p.m.
Where: Reser Stadium, Corvallis, Ore.
TV: Pac-12 Networks -- Ted Robinson (play by play), Yogi Roth (analyst), Cindy Brunson (sideline)
Radio: KGO 810 AM - Joe Starkey (Play-by-Play), former Cal QB Mike Pawlawski (Analyst), Todd McKim (Sideline)
Sirius/XM Satellite Radio: Internet 975
Cal Student Radio: KALX 90.7 FM - George Littlefield (play by play), John Siano (analyst)
Series History: Cal leads, 36-32
Last Meeting: at Cal 54, Oregon State 24 (Nov. 14, 2015)
Last Meeting at Oregon State: Cal 45, OSU 31 (Nov. 1, 2014)
Last Oregon State win: Oregon Stat 49, at Cal 17 (Oct. 19, 2013)
First Meeting: at Cal 10, Oregon State 0 (Oct. 28, 1905)
Current Win Streak: Cal, 2
Injuries: Cal -- Matthew Rockett (doubtful; lower leg), Derron Brown (out; hand), Evan Rambo (out for season; ACL), Kanawai Noa (out) ... Oregon State: CB Jay Irvine (out; shoulder), CB Dwayne Williams (questionable), OL Fred Lauina (out; leg), OL Sean Harlow (probable; ankle), QB Darell Garretson (probable; lower body)
More Oregon State Coverage
- What will we be watching for when the Cal defense hits the field against Oregon State and its patchwork offensive line on Saturday?
PREVIEW: DEFENDING OREGON STATE (members)
- Oregon State's decimated offensive line presents an opportunity for California to gain confidence headed into the bye week, but Victor Bolden and Seth Collins may have something to say about that.
- Cal has one of the best passing offenses in the nation, but will the Bears be using their ICBMs or their more short-range, close-quarter weaponry in Corvallis on Saturday?
ONE-ON-ONE: JACOB PEELER (members)
- Jacob Peeler's inside receivers have been at the center of game plans the last two weeks, and on Saturday, given the deep zones Oregon State will play, Cal fans may very well see more out of the likes of Melquise Stovall and Vic Wharton.
- Vic Wharton is back on the inside, and Khalfani Muhammad is back among the living. How will they affect the outcome this weekend against Oregon State?
- Having Khalfani Muhammad back a week after Cal introduced Demetris Robertson and Melquise Stovall to the backfield gives the Bears options against Oregon State's defense.
- Khalfani Muhammad returns, but will Cal run the ball more? Plus, Vic Wharton slides to the inside to take over for Kanawai Noa and Matt Rockett, and Demetris Robertson and Melquise Stovall get involved in the backfield.
BTTV: DYKES LAUDS ANDERSEN'S DEFENSE (members)
- Cal's defense will once again miss linebacker Derron Brown, while the offense has to make do without Kanawai Noa and Matthew Rockett.
- All you need to know about Pac-12 football leading into Week 6
- James Looney's goal-line stop against Utah is named the Pac-12's Fundamental Play of the Week by USA Football, an honor that bestows a $4,000 equipment grant to a local youth football organization.
- Angie Machado of BeaverBlitz says that second-year head coach Gary Anderson had to nuke the entire Oregon State program in order to shift to new offensive and new defensive schemes, plus details on a crazy offseason for the Beavers offensive line.
- To understand Cal defensive tackle James Looney, all one has to do is look at his skin. His life, his personality, his history, his soul, is writ in tattoo ink.
Art Kaufman talks about Oregon State's shifty new offense, James Looney's final stand and the evolution of the Cal defense.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: OREGON STATE (members)
- Q&A: Angie Machado of Beaver Blitz breaks down Oregon State ahead of Cal's clash with the Beavers up in Corvallis on Saturday at 6 p.m., on the Pac-12 Networks.
- Cal quarterback Davis Webb, the Pac-12 offensive player of the week, talks about the final defensive stand against Utah, and offensive shortcomings.
- California has lost its third starting safety in three months, as Evan Rambo goes down with an ACL injury
- Cal head coach Sonny Dykes updates the health of some key players, and takes a look ahead to the Bears' foe this weekend, in 1-3 Oregon State.
Four-Star Safety to Visit Cal? (members)
Cal Angling For Visit From Top DT (members)
When Will Drew Singleton Visit Cal? (members)
BEYOND THE COMMITMENT: MICHAEL SAFFELL (members)
SCOUT'S OCTOBER PREMIUM RECRUITING SCOOP (members)
BEYOND THE COMMITMENT: TREVIN KNELL (members)
TREVIN KNELL COMMITS TO CAL (members)
FILM: CAL OFFEREE FRANKLIN BANKS (members)
BLAKE MCDONALD TALKS CAL OFFER ON VISIT (members)
From The Other Side
BEHIND ENEMY LINES: CALIFORNIA (members)