University of Central Florida Knights vs. Boston College Golden Eagles
Saturday, September 20th, 2008, 1:00 p.m.
Alumni Stadium, Chesnut Hill, MA.
2008 records: UCF - 1-1, BC- 1-1
Series history: This will be the first meeting between the two schools.
Five most important things for UCF:
1. Get the ground game going. The Knights need to be able to run the ball, being that Greco does not have the arm to attack deep down field, this includes getting Greco involved in making plays on the ground.
2. Pressure Chris Crane. He had three turnovers vs. Georgia Tech two weeks ago, as he looked confused at times. Force him into making mistakes.
3. Get Latavius Murray the ball. Two toss plays with a north/south runner doesn't cut it. He can get 3 or 4 yards just by falling forward, give him the ball and let him pound the BC defense.
4. Play Smart. Too many dumb penalties in the USF game, the Knights can't shoot themselves in the foot and expect to win against an ACC opponent on the road.
5. Finish the Job. UCF has plenty of near wins against programs like BC. They need to finish the job and get the victory for the program to continue to grow.
What to look for:
1. Look for 4+ turnovers. Both defenses have the ability to take the ball away and have displayed it in their previous games.
2. Look for the Knights to air it out a bit more. With the addition of another receiving threat in Jackson, and the growth and development of Greco behind center, look for the Knights to try to become a bit more balanced.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. This is going to sound a bit repetitive, but without a dominant offense, UCF will need to make some plays on special teams if they want to win this game.
4. Look for a low scoring game. Both teams return a lot of talent on defense and lost their running backs and quarterbacks from last year. It should be a sloppy game, where field advantage will go a long way.
5. Look for the winning team to have success running the ball. Both teams will try to get the ground game going as they have new QB's and will likely play to not lose the game.
Final Game Preview: UCF at Boston College
Knights Daily Top Stories
OU bringing trio of visitorsMemorial weekend bringing some intriguing names to OU this weekend.
Sooners Illustrated9:34 AM
JUCO Edge Rusher Gaining Steam On TrailASA (Brooklyn, N.Y.) edge rusher Najee Stevens-Mckenzie has early offers from Pitt, Maryland and Mizzou.
Daily Dr. Roto: Way-Too-Early WR TalkThe season is still months away, but even senior expert Dr. Roto knows it is NEVER too early to start the Fantasy Football conversation.
Scout Fantasy8:02 AM
Pack Trying to Gain Traction With 4-Star WRNC State recently threw their hat in the ring by offering 4-star wide receiver Terrell Perriman. Pack Pride has the latest on NC State's chances.
Pack Pride7:57 AM