UCF Knights vs University of Miami Hurricanes
Saturday, October 11th, 2008, 3:45pm
Dolphin Stadium,Miami Gardens, FL
2008 records: UCF - 2-3, Miami- 2-3
Series history: 1st meeting
Five most important things for UCF:
1. Win at the point of attack. The 'Canes have too much speed for the Knights to play them at their own game. The Knights need to control the tempo of the game, by winning the battles at the line of scrimmage.
2. Ronnie Weaver needs another big day. The Knights redshirt freshman running back needs to hit the whole hard and get that extra yard or two, as Miami's offense is potent and the best way to keep them from scoring is to keep them off the field.
3. Play smart. It could get a little chippy, but the Knights must let cooler heads prevail and avoid the stupid penalties that have plagued them in past games.
4. Win the turnover battle. This one may sound a bit obvious, but both offenses have been plagued by turnovers in their losses. If UCF can hang onto the ball and force turnovers, they will have a great shot of leaving with the W.
5. Get the crowd into the game. Normally you don't want a crowd in the game if you're on the road, but this is Miami, and there will likely be as many Knights fans there as Miami supporters. It is Family Week, so a large crowd is expected to be in attendance, the Knights need to get them in the game early, and keep them in the game.
What to look for:
1. Look for Knights to try to pound the rock. Weaver will need over 100 if the Knights want to win, as they need to control the ball, and time of possession.
2. Look for both Qb's to play. It is anyone's guess who will start, but you can bet you will see both at some point in the game. They both offer different looks, and have different skill sets.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. They did again last week, this time for the good, as 'Smokin' Joe was amazing. Punter Blake Clingan was very impressive as well. The bad, was the fumble on the kick return by Baldwin. They will need Joe and Clingan to step up in a big way this week if they want to leave Miami with a .500 record.
4. Look for about as many Knight fans as 'Canes fans. It is no secret that the Canes do not draw well for the "big games." This game versus an in-state school is not perceived as a rivalry and should not draw much of a Miami crowd on what's expected to be a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Knights fans are expected to come out in numbers for this game.
5. Look for Kamar Aiken to have a big game. He is back in full stride now, being this will be his third game. He also attended Chaminade Madonna College Prep in Hollywood, Fl, which is just north of Miami, and would love to have a coming out party against this in-state foe.
Final Game Preview: UCF at Miami
Knights Daily Top Stories
The Opening: Out-of-Region ProspectsScout's national recruiting analysts talk about which players from outside their region they're most excited to see in Beaverton...
Scout Football9:00 AM
The Opening Finals 2017 Official RosterThe official 2017 roster of the Nike+ Football The Opening Finals featuring the participants selected from The Opening Regional camp stops...
Scout Football8:00 AM
3-star DE Burke announcing Thurs.Virginia Beach (Va.) Bishop Sullivan defensive end Dante Burke will make his commitment tomorrow and Scout has the latest.
Scout Football7:12 AM
Murray: I’m getting the ballLatavius Murray has fallen behind Minnesota Vikings rookie Dalvin Cook while the veteran recovers from surgery, but Murray is not backing away from taking a job he believes is his.
Viking Update4:03 AM