Five most important things for UCF:
1. Win at the point of attack. The Knights had four rushing yards and allowed Miami 128 rushing yards. The UCF offensive line was dominated for much of the evening.
2. Ronnie Weaver needs another big day. It was anything but a big day for Weaver, as he ran for 20 yards on 12 carries.
3. Play smart. The Knights had a punt blocked which led to three points, a muffed punt which led to eight points, a snap that went over the punter's head for a safety, and an unnecessary roughness penalty which kept a drive alive that led to a touchdown. There were plenty of mistakes.
4. Win the turnover battle. The Knights won the turnover battle, but with the utter lack of offense it didn't matter.
5. Get the crowd in the game. Although the Knights began slow, the UCF faithful represented themselves very well.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Knights to pound the rock. UCF couldn't get anything going on the ground as they ran for just four yards in 27 attempts.
2. Look for both QB's to play. Rob Calabrese received most of the snaps at quarterback as Michael Greco was injured and played for just one series.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. There were some huge special teams plays for the Knights, both good and bad. Joe Burnett had a 91-yard kickoff return for a touchdown (the good), and the Knights had a punt blocked and had a snap go over the punter's head.
4. Look for about as many Knights fans as ‘Canes fans. UCF showed themselves well and about 40% of the fans were dressed in black and gold.
5. Look for Kamar Aiken to have a big game. Aiken was a non-factor as he had just one catch for 15 yards. The 15 yards did represent nearly 20% of the Knights total offense.
What We Learned in Miami
Knights Daily Top Stories
SCOUTcast: Hondo & Allen Trieu on Recruiting!SCOUTcast: Hondo & Allen Trieu Talk Michigan State Football Recruiting!
Spartan Nation12:26 PM
Weekend Official Visit PrimerScout takes a look at the biggest visitors for the upcoming weekend in the Power 5 conferences...
Scout Football7:30 AM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017It is less than two weeks to signing day and the updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the…
Scout Football6:46 AM
LSU set for another crucial visit weekendLSU is set to host a group of 10 official visitors this weekend including some of its biggest targets at linebacker, one of which is an unofficial visitor. Tiger Blitz breaks down…
Tiger Blitz5:42 AM
UPDATE: Trending Meter - Jan. 2017December was a huge month for Illini football recruiting. With several spots still open in the Class of 2017, January should be as hectic, if not more. How are the Illini trending…
Illini Inquirer4:29 AM