UCF Knights at Memphis Tigers
Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 2:00pm EST
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium- Memphis, TN
Records: UCF 3-7, Memphis 5-5
Series History: Tied 3-0, last meeting: UCF won 56-20
Five most important things for UCF:
1. Run the ball. Last week the Knights were effective with a nice two-headed monster of Brynn Harvey and Latavius Murray, and the ground game will have to step up again this week.
2. Control the time of possession. When the Knights do this they are pretty effective on both sides of the ball, when they don't things can and will get ugly.
3. Catch the football. It would be nice to have more catches than drops this week, but I am an idealist. If they catch as many as they drop it will at least be a vast improvement from a week ago.
4. Dominate the first half. Chances are UCF won't match last year's 42-0 halftime lead, but Memphis will be looking for revenge, and UCF is not a good second half team, so if they can grab an early lead they may be able to coast through the second half.
5. Play 60 mins of football. They did last week but it was one of the few times this year. They need to show up and stay for the entire game.
What to look for:
1. Look for it to be battle of who wants to win the least. Turnovers, sacks, dropped balls, and mistakes should headline this contest.
2. Look for Torrell Troup to dominate. He always does, but with a couple of sub-300 lb. linemen in front of him and a sophomore at right guard, he should have a field day this week.
3. Look for the Knights offense to return to old form. They weren't that impressive last week other than one 50-yard run by Harvey, so they should revert back to letting the team down this week.
4. Look for Johnell Neal to have an active day. Memphis (unlike UCF) has a plethora of talented wide receivers that can catch the ball, and they are not likely to try Joe's side of the field, so Johnell should be well tested this Saturday, and should fare well.
5. Look for field goal kicking to decide this one. Maybe even PAT'S, it should be a close game and the team that can execute the snap, hold, and kick more often should come out on top.
UCF Knights at Memphis Tigers: Final Preview
Knights Daily Top Stories
UM Taps Back Into Bishop Sullivan,Offer BurkeThe Terps offered Bishop Sullivan (Virginia Beach, Va.) BUCK Dante Burke May 24.
The Opening Finals 2017 Official RosterThe official 2017 roster of the Nike+ Football The Opening Finals featuring the participants selected from The Opening Regional camp stops...
Scout Football7:00 AM
Minnesota Vikings depth chart analysisCombined with what we know of the veterans, their injuries and what we saw at rookie minicamp, we offer our thoughts on the Minnesota Vikings depth chart.
Viking Update5:25 AM
No. 8 ILB Is Keeping Close Tabs on ACC SchoolKenny Bastida, a Scout 300 inside linebacker, says a certain ACC school is "doing all the right things" in his recruitment.
Scout FootballYesterday at 4:09 PM