With the Cincinnati Bearcats season opener less than 24 hours away I want to make five bold predictions heading into the 2016 season. I want my readers to save this post, because if I’m right I want y’all you show me love and if I’m wrong I want y’all to heckle me. I have tough skin so it’s ok, but just make sure you keep tabs on my predictions.
1. The Bearcats will have two running backs reach 1,000 yards this season- The Bearcats haven’t had a thousand yard rusher since George Winn in 2012. Last season they had three rushers who had over 700 yards apiece. With the offensive coordinator change and having Mike Boone and Tion Green in the backfield it is very possible. No matter what I believe one will, but with Hosey Williams graduated Boone and Green will get the majority of carries vacated.
2. Hayden Moore will throw for 3,000 yards and have a 2 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio- With head coach Tommy Tuberville giving the keys to redshirt sophomore Hayden Moore all eyes will be on him. Last season he threw for almost 2,000 yards, but had 9 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. I believe he will flip the script this season and protect the ball at a great rate.
3. The defense will force 20 plus turnovers this season- This defense only forced 14 turnovers the whole season. If you break it down it’s a little over one a game, if the Bearcats want to do better they have to take the ball away at a better rate and I believe they will this season.
4. The Bearcats will win 10 games this season- This might be my boldest prediction after winning just seven games last season, I’m saying they will have a three game jump. They have Houston, USF, ECU, BYU and Memphis at home. If they can hold serve at home, they only have four games on the road. If they go 2-2 or 3-1 or the road and only lose one game at home or hold serve they can do it.
5. The Bearcats will have a player on defense with at least 8 sacks- Terrell Hartsfield was the last defensive player that had over 8 sacks, with 9 in the 2014 season. I’m banking on somebody on the line to do this. It is going to happen.
Make sure y’all keep up with my bold predictions and let me know how I did in December.