HT/WT: 6’4”/ 210 lbs
Hometown: Midlothian, Virginia
I will start Troy Caupain’s profile by saying he was born in New York, New York, just in case somebody tries to call me out on it. To be honest behind Sean Kilpatrick, Troy Caupain might be one of the most important players in the Cronin era. It might sound crazy, but after SK, Caupain helped stabilize a program looking for direction after losing an All-American, Caupain got to play with SK for a year and that helped him become the steady hand he is today. He has made countless big shots during his time in Clifton, none bigger than the one he main against Purdue in the NCAA Tournament (2015) to push the game to overtime which Cincinnati eventually won.
Caupain is averaging 9.9 points, 4.7 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game. He is eight assists away from 500 career assists, it seems highly likely he will join that club before the end of the season. He will be a member of the 1000 points/500 assists club.
Preseason Co-Player of the Year 2016-17
- Preseason First Team All-AAC 2016-17
- First team All-AAC 2015-16
- Honorable Mention All-AAC 2014-15
- All-Tournament Team 2016
- AAC Player of the Week 2xs
- AAC Weekly Honor Roll 3xs
- Naismith Men's College Player of the Year Award Watch List 2016-17
- Lute Olson Player of the Year Award Watch List 2016-17
- Candidate for 2016-17 Senior CLASS Award
- NABC All-District 25 Second Team 2016
- Barclays Center Classic All-Tournament Team 2015
His career high in points came 3/11/16 against Connecticut with 37.
His career high in rebounds came 12/22/16 against Marshall with 12.
His career high in assists came 2/4/16 against USF with 10.
His career high in steals came 2/9/16 against UCF with 5(2xs).