- If the tight-end tandem of Brent Celek and Hank Davis isn't the best in the country, I would hate to face a better duo. Both have size and are very good athletes. Celek catches almost everything thrown his way and Davis is right behind him. Both play tough hard nosed football. What else would you expect from a couple of GCL grads?
- Jon Carpenter had another pick today. While he's still getting used to being on the defensive side, he's shown a nose for the ball and is able to get positive yardage after the INT.
NOTE: Look for a special video interview with Jon.
- Leo Morgan went from a yellow jersey on Tuesday to a Green on Thursday. It's still up in the air if he will be ready for the next full contact session.
- One thing I've really noticed about quarterback Nick Davila is his ability to escape and leave defenders grasping for air. He did it several times during drills today.
- The Big East has seen several top running backs over the years. West Virginia has seen a top rushing attack for the past couple of years, but I look for the Bearcats to push the Mountaineers in this area for the upcoming season. With Bradley Glatthaar's power and vision, Delbert Ferguson's speed and power and Mike Daniels speed and cutting ability the Bearcats have a three headed attack at the position. We also can't forget injured Butler Benton or Carl Jones when talking about Coach Hinton's charges.
- Tyjuan Jones was in a green jersey today. Not sure what slowed Jones, but hope to see him back in action very soon.
- Coach Dantonio stopped practice today and set the players straight on why they were on the field. He stressed how much work needed to be done in such a short time and the players responded by picking up the pace.
- Keep an eye on Angelo Craig out of Cleveland Glenville. Craig is a great athlete that is only starting to see his potential as a football player.
- The offensive line did a great job in the short running attack today. It looks like they have taken to the coaching of new offensive line coach Dan Roushar.
- Sources have told Bearcat Insider there will be some slight changes to the Bearcats uniforms this season. Nothing drastic will be done, but look for some simple changes in lettering and numbers.
- Construction is coming along great on the new varsity village. I can't wait to see the finish product and how prospects take to it.
- One area that doesn't get a lot of talk is the kicking game. The Bearcats should be very strong in 2005 with Kevin Lovell and Chet Ervin winning the duties. But both know there are other players working just as hard to take their place on the field.
That's all I have for Day Ten. Look for video interviews with Jon Carpenter, Bill Poland and Delbert Ferguson.
And for those who are Total Access Members of Bearcat Insider, head over to the Red & Black Message board. It has some special video interviews not posted anywhere else on Bearcat Insider. It's also a board built for you, the true Bearcat fan.
NOTE: Monday night at 6:30 p.m. Coach Jeremy Beckham of Springfield South will have Lee Tilley with him for a live chat for Total Access Pass members of Bearcat Insider. I hope to see you there.