Toledo Rockets (0-1)
Head Coach: Gene Cross, (7-26, 2nd season)
2009 Record: 7-25, (5-11) in MAC (Mid-American Conference)
Key Returning Players: Junior Center Justin Anyijong 9.7 PPG 6.4 RPG
Five Things to Watch
1. There is not one senior on the Toledo roster
2. The Rockets led the MAC in Turnovers a season ago, averaging over 17 per game
3. Toledo lost their 3 of there top 4 scorers
4. Shot 29.9% as a team from 3 point land
5. 7 of top 10 players in minutes played have moved on
Key Matchups to Watch
Sophomore Yancy Gates vs. Justin Anyijong
Anyijong is the rockets go to guy in the paint, showing again after he had 11 points and 7 Rebounds against Eastern Illinois.
Lance Stephenson vs. Lance Stephenson
Stephenson just needs to relax and play his game, he has all the skills but nerves seem to get to him against Prairie View A&M and he mentally started pressing
Keys for Bearcats
1. Continue to apply defensive pressure and cause the Rockets in to Turnovers
2. Get off to fast start, longer they hang around they longer they believe they can compete at UC
3. They have some size in lineup and off bench, must match then on boards
4. Get Deonta Vaughn involved in game early, can't afford another 0 point first half for teams best player.
5. Use bench to advantage as it's been a weapon in both exhibitions and against PVAM.
Toledo Leads All-Time Series: 14-8, UC won last match up in 2001 68-55