"I felt comfortable after talking with the coaches. They wanted to see more out of me and I feel I did well enough to come away with an offer. I should know more about that in a couple of days."
While Knight is waiting to hear back from the Bearcats, he's preparing to make a long trip.
"I'm getting ready to go out of the country from the 18th to the 28th. I'm going to the Czech Republic to play some basketball. We had a kid in our school from there and we're going to see how he lives and play about five games while we're there."
The trip may be in the Bearcats favor if Knight earns an offer.
"I'm not going to be able to attend some of the camps I was looking at. But this is a once in a lifetime chance and something I don't want to look back on and say I missed it."
So where would the Bearcats stand with Knight if he's offered?
"Cincinnati would be one of my top schools and it would be close to my heart. I've visited Indiana and Central Michigan already but I'm not ready to commit to anybody. I want the chance to build more of a relationship with the schools I'm very interested in."
While Knight is in no hurry, he'd like to end his recruiting early during his senior season. Cincinnati has placed itself in a good position with Knight.
"I've been down to Cincinnati a few times with my dad and we've had a chance to see the facilities and get to know the coaches. It's a great school with a lot to offer."
Bearcat Insider will be checking back with Knight in the coming weeks to see where he stands.