*Clemson improved to 2-0 for the first time since 2007 and for just the 12th time in the last 40 years.
* Clemson played 64 players in the first half of today's game, including 57 in the
first quarter. For the game, Clemson played a total of 77 players.
* Clemson has had nine touchdown drives of less than two minutes this season. Four
of them came in the season opener against North Texas and the other five came in
today's game against Presbyterian.
* Clemson equaled its final point total of 35 points from the North Texas game in
the first 22 minutes and 29 seconds of today's game.
* Clemson scored 42 point in the first half of today's game. That is the most
points Clemson has scored in a half since October 12, 2006, when the Tigers scored
49 points in the first half in a 63-9 win over Temple.
* Clemson scored 58 point in today's win. That is the most points Clemson has
scored in a game since October 20, 2007, when Clemson defeated Central Michigan by
score of 70-14.
* Clemson held Presbyterian scoreless for the first 43 minutes and 29 seconds of
* Clemson had 10 different receivers with a reception and five different players
with a touchdown reception. Three of the five touchdown receptions were career
*Three different Clemson players threw touchdown passes today. Kyle Parker and Tajh
Boyd threw two apiece and reserve quarterback Donny McElveen threw one. It is the
first time three Clemson players have thrown at least one TD pass in a game since
last year's Coastal Carolina game when Kyle Parker, Jacoby Ford and Willy Korn all
threw TD passes. But today was the first time on record that Clemson has had three
different quarterbacks throw a touchdown pass in the same game.
*Clemson has scored 93 points in two games so far this year. It is the most points
Clemson has scored through two games since 2000 when Clemson scored 100 points in
the first two games, 38-0 win over The Citadel and 62-9 over Missouri.
*Clemson wore orange jerseys and purple pants today, the first time they have worn
that uniform combination since the 1950s. Clemson warmed up in orange jerseys and
purple pants for the 2006 Georgia Tech game, then changed to all purple by the time
they ran down the hill.
*Clemson improved to 24-0 against FCS opponents with today's victory.
*Darius Robinson, a cornerback from College Park, GA, became the fourth first-year
freshman to play in a game for Clemson this year. He joins, DeAndre Hopkins,
Justin Parker and Martin Jenkins. The final statistics book say that Baushad
Breeland played in today's game, but he did not. The correction will be made with
the NCAA on Sunday.
* Dwayne Allen hauled in the longest reception of his career, a 47 yard pass from
Kyle Parker, in the 1st quarter. Allen now has three catches for 90 yards this
*Kyle Parker threw two touchdown passes today and now has 24 for his career. He
moved into a tie for sixth place on the Clemson career list with Bobby Gage
(1945-48) and Tommy Kendrick (1969-71).
* Tajh Boyd recorded the first touchdown of his career on a six-yard run in the 1st
quarter. He late threw his first two touchdowns as a Tiger.
* Boyd also recorded the first touchdown pass of his career on a nine-yard pass to
DeAndre Hopkins on his first career touchdown reception in the 2nd quarter.
*Five Tigers scored their first career touchdowns today. The list includes Boyd,
Daniel Barnes, DeAndre Hopkins, Kasey Nobles and Roderick McDowell.
* Barnes and McDowell both had career highs in carries and rushing yards as well.
Barnes carried the ball 11 times for 79 rushing yards. McDowell had nine rushes for
* Chandler Catanzaro made his first career field goal attempt with a 47-yard field
goal in the third quarter. He also went 6-for-6 on PATs to stay perfect on the
* Donny McElveen had his first career completion and touchdown pass on a one-yard
pass to Kasey Nobles. The catch was also Nobles' first career reception and
* Andre Branch recorded a career-high two sacks and three tackles for loss in
today's game. Branch had just two sacks all last year, but already has three this
season.He also tied a career high in tackles with five. He recorded five tackles
twice last season against Middle Tennessee and Coastal Carolina.
* Marcus Gilchrist had the longest punt return of his career with a 37-yard return.
He outdid his previous career high of 29 yards in last week's game against North
Texas. He now has 4 punt returns for 95 yards this season.
* Spencer Shuey had a career high seven tackles and led the team in today's game.
He also forced a fumble.
* Eleven defensive players had a career high or tied a career high in tackles in
* Malliciah Goodman forced both (2) of the Blue Hose's fumbles. He also recorded
three tackles. Goodman now has three forced fumbles through two games. The
Clemson record for a season is five set last year by teammate Brandon Maye, who is
yet to play this season.
NOTES: Tigers blast Blue Hose
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
TOP PLAYS: NC State vs. ClemsonHere's a look back at some of NC State's top plays against Clemson, and the highlights are courtesy of ABC. The first video is a collection of all the highlights and below it are…
Pack PrideYesterday at 8:28 AM
Top 5 Football Team Entrances in the ACCFrom the Ramblin' Wreck leading the Yellow Jackets onto the field to running down the Hill at Death Valley, the ACC can boast some of the best football team entrances in the…
Scout CFBTuesday at 11:41 AM