AUBURN FAST FACTS
Saturday's game will be the 47th meeting between Auburn and Clemson, but the first regular-season game since 1971. The two most recent games in the series have been bowl games. Auburn has won 13 straight games in the series.
* ESPN Game Day will be visiting for the game, the sixth time the program has visited and first trip since 2008.
* Auburn coach Gene Chizik began his college coaching career at Clemson as a graduate assistant in 1988 and 1989.
* Auburn is 20-4 in home night game since 2000, including 4-1 against ranked opponents.
* Auburn opponents are 0-for-7 on third-down conversions in the fourth quarter this season.
* Auburn has held four of its last six opponents to less than 100 yards rushing.
* Auburn's 10 touchdown plays this season have averaged 25.1 yards per play, including five that covered at least 35 yards.
* Auburn has played 12 true freshman, which is tied for the fourth-highest total in the nation.
* Auburn is the only school in the SEC that returns its entire full-time coaching staff intact from the 2009 season.
* Auburn has 11 players on its squad that have already graduated, which is second most in the nation among FBS schools.
* Auburn ranks fourth nationally in passing efficiency (191.97), ninth in rushing (278.5 ypg), tied for 10th in sacks (3.5 pg) and tied for 14th in tackles for losses (8.5). The Tigers are tied for 84th in turnover margin (minus-1 per game).
* Auburn QB Cameron Newton ranks sixth nationally in passing efficiency (186.51), 16th in rushing (120.5 ypg) and tied for 21st in total offense (281.5 ypg). DE Antoine Carter and DT Nick Fairley are tied for 11th nationally in sacks (1.5 per game).
CLEMSON FAST FACTS
* Clemson is 2-0 for the first time since 2007 and for just the 12th time in the last 40 years.
* Clemson has scored 93 points in its first two games, which is the most by the Tigers since 2000 when Clemson scored 100 points in the first two games. The Tigers have also outscored their first two opponents by a combined score of 63-7 in the first half.
* Clemson has had nine touchdown drives of less than two minutes this season.
* The Tigers are just 4-of-19 on third-down conversions this year.
* Sophomore quarterback Kyle Parker is already tied for sixth on Clemson's all-time passing TDs list with 24.
* Clemson ranks fifth nationally with eight quarterback sacks this season, led by three from Andre Branch.
* Punter Dawson Zimmerman leads the nation in punting average at 49.8 yards per kick.
* Clemson QB Kyle Parker cracked a three-run homer in a regional playoff victory at Auburn on June 7, propelling Clemson to the Super Regional's of the NCAA baseball tournament and an eventual berth in the College World Series. Parker became the first player in Division I history to hit 20 home runs and throw 20 touchdown passes in the same academic year.
* Parker is 11-5 as a starting quarterback and has passed for 14 touchdowns against five interceptions in his last eight games.
* Clemson coach and Alabama graduate Dabo Swinney will making his first appearance as a college head coach against Auburn. Swinney was 4-4 as an assistant coach at Alabama and 3-0 as a player.
* Clemson will be looking for its fifth road victory over a ranked team since 2000. The Tigers' most recent road triumph over a ranked team came in a 40-37 overtime victory at Miami last season.
* Clemson ranks fifth nationally in net punting (45.7) and sacks (4 per game), eighth in tackles for losses (9.5), 10th in passing efficiency (175.23) and tied for 10th in sacks allowed (0.5 pg). KR Marcus Gilchrist ranks sixth in punt returns (23.75). DE Andre Branch is tied for 11th nationally in sacks (1.5 pg).
Fast facts: Clemson at Auburn
CUTigers.com Top Stories
PHOTO GALLERY I: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PARADEEnjoy these images from the Clemson National Championship Parade and Death Valley Celebration, courtesy of CUTigers.com Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 9:56 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 6:20 PM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:38 AM
POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, players and coaches discuss their historic National Championship win over #1 Alabama.
Clemson National Championship PCIn arguably the greatest National Championship Game ever played in the first rematch ever, Clemson turned the tables on Alabama to reclaim its #1 ranking and win its second…