* There's a strong connection between the starting quarterbacks in Saturday's game, and it's not just based on what's happened on the gridiron. Clemson's Kyle Parker was a first-round pick of the Colorado Rockies last year, and he signed a baseball right before the August deadline. Russell Wilson can give him some advice for getting started in the organization. He was a fourth-round pick of the Rockies, and he signed early enough to spend some time with the Tri-City Dust Devils in the Northwest League.
* Turnovers have been a late problem for the 'Pack. Through the first four games, the 'Pack lost only four turnovers. In the last four, two of them losses, the 'Pack has had 12.
A different player has led the Tigers in tackles in every game this season, and the team's 12 interceptions have been made by eight different players. (Getty Images)
* The Tigers have a six-game winning streak against the Wolfpack and have averaged better than 37 ppg in the last three outings.
* DE Da'Quan Bowers is on record pace for sacks this season. The 6-foot-4, 275-pound junior has 11 sacks through the season's first eight games -- already the third-best single-season total in Clemson history. Bowers is six sacks shy of topping Keith Adams' school-record 16 sacks set in 1999.
* Clemson's defensive diversity has been remarkable. A different player has led the Tigers in tackles in every game this season, and the team's 12 interceptions have been made by eight different players. Also, 17 different players have recorded at least one of the team's 62 tackles for loss.
* The Tigers have given up only 36 points in the last three games combined, but one of them was a 16-10 loss at Boston College.