WHAT: East Carolina at Clemson
WHERE: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000) - Clemson, S.C.
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 29 (7 p.m.)
SPREAD: Clemson by 14.5
• Clemson and East Carolina will meet Wednesday night for the third straight year and the fifth time in the past seven seasons.
• The Tigers hold a 4-0 advantage all-time in the series, all since the 2004-05 season. Clemson has won twice on its home court and twice at East Carolina's Williams Arena.
• Clemson won last year's game in Greenville, NC by a score of 80-63. Trevor Booker was one assist shy of a triple-double in that Tiger victory, while Tanner Smith had a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
• The Tigers are riding a four-game winning streak, longest of the season. Over the past four games, Clemson has held its opponents to an average of 50.3 points per contest.
• Clemson is now atop the ACC in scoring defense, yielding just 59.3 points per game. Florida State is second at 59.9 points per game. The Tigers are also third in the ACC in three-point percentage defense (.317) and fourth in steals per game (8.2).
• Jerai Grant has scored double figures in six straight games, the longest streak of his career. During that stretch, he has averaged a team-best 14.3 points per game.
• Grant is fifth in the ACC in blocked shots per game (1.9), as well as eighth in steals per game (1.5) and offensive rebounds per game (2.7).
• Andre Young is third in the ACC in steals per game (1.8), fifth in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.1), and seventh in minutes per game (32.5), three-point goals per game (2.3) and three-point accuracy (.435).
• Demontez Stitt is 15th on Clemson's all-time steals list with 133 and needs just two assists to pass Vincent Hamilton for 10th in the Tiger record books.
• Tanner Smith has made at least one three-pointer in five straight games, going 8-for-19 (42 percent) over that stretch. In the three games prior to that, he was 0-for-11 from long range.
• Since starting the season 1-for-6 at the free throw line against Western Carolina, Smith has made 31 of 36 attempts from the charity stripe for an 86 percent success rate.
• Zavier Anderson has played 111 minutes this season, most by a Clemson walk-on since Walker Holt logged 200 in the 1999-2000 season.
East Carolina (7-5)
G #11 Corvonn Gaines (6-4, 220) - 8.1 PPG, 3.8 APG
G #23 Erin Straughn (6-6, 205) - 6.1 PPG, 4.8 RPG
F #24 Jontae Sherrod (6-3, 210) - 13.6 PPG, 3.2 RPG
F #1 Darius Morrow (6-8, 255) - 10.5 PPG, 5.1 RPG
F #33 Chad Wynn (6-10, 270) - 4.9 PPG, 2.5 RPG
G #2 Demontez Stitt (6-2, 180) - 13.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG
G #11 Andre Young (5-9, 170) - 10.9 PPG, 3.1 APG
G #5 Tanner Smith (6-5, 210) - 9.1 PPG, 3.9 RPG
F #31 Devin Booker (6-8, 245) - 7.8 PPG, 5.1 RPG
F #45 Jerai Grant (6-8, 230) - 11.5 PPG, 6.5 RPG
Tigers looking to build on streak
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
CUTigers.comMonday at 2:56 PM