WHAT: The Citadel at Clemson
WHERE: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000) - Clemson, S.C.
WHEN: Sunday, Jan. 2 (4 p.m.)
SPREAD: Clemson by 22
• The Tigers hold a 58-22 advantage all-time in the series and have won 12 in a row over the Bulldogs.
• Clemson has won its last five games, including Wednesday night with a 71-59 victory over East Carolina. It is the Tigers' longest winning streak since last year's squad won six in a row in December.
• J.D. Powell, an assistant coach at The Citadel, played in 23 games for Clemson as a walk-on from 1998-2000.
• Clemson has held each of its 14 opponents this season under 50 percent in field goal shooting, the longest streak for the program since 2007-08.
• The Tiger defense is atop the ACC rankings in scoring defense, allowing just 59.3 points per game to opponents. Clemson is also third in turnover margin (+2.4), fourth in steals per game (8.1), fifth in field goal percentage defense (.404), and sixth in three-point percentage defense (.318).
• Jerai Grant has reached double figures in each of the last seven games and is coming off a career-best eight blocked shots against East Carolina. It was the most blocks in a game by a Tiger since former teammate Trevor Booker had eight in a home game against North Carolina in 2006-07.
• Demontez Stitt has posted double figures in 10 of his last 11 games and continues to lead the team in scoring at 12.8 points per game. Stitt had a season-best six assists against East Carolina and moved into 10th all-time in Clemson history for the statistical category.
• Andre Young has made at least one three-point goal in 15 straight games, including all 14 this season. He also has more steals (23) than both turnovers (20) and fouls (19) this season.
• Senior walk-on Zavier Anderson scored a career-high six points against East Carolina on Dec. 29. He scored four points, blocked a shot, collected a steal and then assisted a dunk in the span of 41 seconds late in the second half to seal the Tigers' victory over the Pirates.
• Milton Jennings has averaged 11.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game in contests played at Littlejohn Coliseum. All five of his double figure scoring efforts on the season have come at home.
Tigers back in action
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS WIN 7-2, SWEEP C OF C!Reed Rohlman is 10 of his last 13 and upped his average to .413, going 3-3 with a HR, two doubles and a HBP, as #3 Clemson cruised past Monte Lee's alma mater, College of…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:40 PM
TIGERS WIN 11-0 TO TAKE SERIES!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…
ANOTHER 5-STAR IS ALL IN!Shortly before the Clemson Orange & White Game, Dabo and the staff received an enormous commitment from 5-Star 2018 DE Xavier Thomas, ranked as high as #1 overall recruit in the…