* Clemson now holds an 11-3 all-time against Wofford, including a 7-0 record against the Terriers at Clemson. The Tigers have now won 40 straight games against Southern Conference teams and 50 straight games against current Southern Conference teams.
* Clemson is now 25-0 all-time against Football Championship Sub-Division teams.
But, today's game was the closest for the Tigers against a FCS team. The previous
smallest margin of victory was 11 points, a 28-17 win over Furman in 2003 and a
21-10 win over Western Carolina in 1982.
*Clemson has now won two games without leading at the half in either one. Clemson
tailed 16-13 to Troy in the opener and won 43-19. Today the teams were tied at 21
before Clemson won 35-27. This is the first time Clemson has won consecutive games
without leading at the half since 2005. That year Clemson was tied with Florida
State 14-14 before winning 35-14. The following game Clemson trailed at South
Carolina 6-3 before winning 13-9.
* Clemson tallied 215 yards rushing and 261 yards passing in today's game. It is the
first time the Tigers have had 200 rushing yards and 200 passing yards in a game
since last season when Clemson rushed for 212 yards and threw for 202 yards against
Presbyterian. Clemson is now 54-0-1 in its history when gaining at least 200 yards
rushing and 200 yards passing in the same game.
* Clemson did not record a sack in today's game. That is the first time is since the
ACC Championship Game in 2009 against Georgia Tech that Clemson did not record at
least one sack. This was a steak of 15 straight games in which Clemson had recorded
a sack. Wofford only threw eight passes in the game.
Clemson Player Notes
* Martavis Bryant scored his first career touchdown on a 42-yard pass from Tajh Boyd
in the first quarter. It was his second career catch as he had a 54-yard reception
in the opener against Troy.
* Andre Ellington recorded the longest rush of his career with 74-yard touchdown in
the first quarter. Ellington rushed for 22 carries for 165 yards and one touchdown.
His 22 carries ties a career-high which came against Auburn last year. The 165
yards were just one off his career high of 166 yards against Georgia Tech last year.
* Sammy Watkins added four catches for 56 yards and one touchdown. He also carried
the ball three times for 30 yards and tallied five kickoff returns for 110 yards to
finish the game with 196 all-purpose yards. That is the most all-purpose yards by a
Clemson freshman since Derrick Hamilton had 205 at Maryland in 2001. The Clemson
record for a freshman is 234 by Don King against Fordham in 1952.
* Tajh Boyd was 18 for 29 passing for 261 yards and three touchdowns in today's
game. With three touchdowns last week, Boyd is the first Clemson quarterback to
throw for three touchdowns in back-to-back games since 2007. That year, Cullen
Harper threw for five touchdowns against Louisiana-Monroe and then threw for three
touchdowns against Furman the following week. It is the second most touchdown passes
by a Clemson quarter in his first two starts. The record is eight by Charlie
Whitehurst, who threw four in each of his first two starts, at Duke and at North
Carolina in 2002.
* Kantrell Brown intercepted the first pass of his career in the fourth quarter and
returned it 43 yards. He also recorded one tackle.
* Andre Branch and Jonathan Meeks led the Tigers on defense today with a career-high
10 tackles each. Quandon Christian also recorded a career-high eight tackles.
NOTES: Tigers survive scare
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBYesterday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM