* That is the longest winning streak stopped by Clemson in history. The previous long streak stopped by Clemson was a 15-game winning streak by Georgia, stopped on September 19, 1981, just two days from now, 30 years ago.
* Clemson is now 3-0 when playing the defending national champion at Memorial Stadium. Clemson also defeated Georgia 13-3 in 1981 and Georgia Tech 9-7 in 1991. The Tigers went on to win the national championship in 1981 and the ACC Championship in 1991. Each of the three games Clemson has defeated the defending national champion at Clemson it has been the third game of the season against a top 20 team.
* The last time Clemson defeated the defending national champion in 1991, Clemson's quarterback that day was DeChane Cameron, who wore number-10 the same number as Clemson's quarterback today Tajh Boyd.
* Clemson scored 21 points the second quarter of today's game. That is the most points scored in a quarter against an FBS team since 2009 when the Tigers scored 21 points in the second quarter against N.C. State. Clemson scored 21 against Presbyterian in the second quarter last year. Presbyterian is a FCS team.
* Clemson finished today's game with 624 yards of total offense, which ranks third all-time in Clemson history. It is just the eighth game in Clemson history of 600 or more yards of total offense. It is also the most yards of total offense by Clemson against an SEC opponent. The previous high was 524 yards (exactly 100 less than today), which fittingly came in Clemson's last win against Auburn in 1951.
* Clemson scored 38 points today against Auburn, the most points Clemson has scored against Auburn since 1950 when Clemson won 41-0. The 38 points today were the most Clemson has scored against an SEC team since 2003 when Clemson won at South Carolina 63-17.
* The only games higher in terms of total offense by Clemson were the 756 yards against Wake Forest in 1981 and 656 against Central Michigan in 2007.
* Clemson closed the game with an 18 play that took 9:34 off the clock. It is tied for the third longest drive in Clemson history and the longest since 2006 when Clemson had a 9:45 drive against North Carolina. The 18 plays in the drive are the most by a Clemson offense since 2007 when Clemson had a 19-play drive at Georgia Tech.
* Clemson has now won three straight to open the season, Clemson's first 3-0 start since 2007 when Clemson started 4-0. Tajh Boyd is the first Clemson quarterback to win his first three starts since Cullen Harper won his first four in 2007. Harper was at today's game.
* Clemson broke a 14-game losing streak to Auburn today. Clemson's last win over Auburn took place in 1951 by a 34-0 score.
* Clemson and Auburn combined for 1059 yards of total offense, which ranks second all-time in Clemson history for two teams in the same game. The record is 1107 yards in a game between Clemson and Wake Forest in 1981 when the Tigers beat the Demon Deacons 82-24 and racked up 756 yards of total offense.
* Clemson finished the game 14-18 on third-down conversions, which included a streak of 10 straight third-down conversions over the second and third periods. That is the most third-down conversions in a game for Clemson since 1986 when Clemson was 14-21 in a game against Georgia Tech. The record for consecutive third down conversions in a game for Clemson is 12, set in the 1981 Wake Forest game when the Tigers were 12-12 on third down.
* Clemson ran 92 plays in today's game, which is tied for fifth-most in Clemson history. It is the most plays in a game since 2000 when Clemson ran 95 plays against N.C. State.
* Through the first two games this season, Clemson had been sacked seven times. However, Auburn did not record a sack against Clemson in today's game.
* Clemson finished today's game with 386 yards passing and 238 yards rushing. That is the second time this season and second week in a row that Clemson has had 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing. The Tigers accomplished that feat last week against Wofford when they had 261 passing yards and 215 rushing yards. Clemson is now 55-0-1 all-time when it has at least 200 passing yards and 200 rushing yards. Clemson went over 500 yards of total offense today and is now 55-0-1 when gaining over 500 yards. Yes both records are the same that is not a typo.
* The Tiger defense did not surrender a touchdown in the second half for the third straight game to open the 2011 season. Clemson's defense has yielded just 12 points in the second half so far this season.
Clemson Player Notes
* Tajh Boyd finished today's game with a career-high 30 completions on a career-high 42 attempts with a career-high 386 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. Boyd's 386 passing yards are second best all-time in Clemson history. Only Charlie Whitehurst (now with the Seattle Seahawks) has thrown for more passing yards in a game when he threw for 420 yards against Duke in 2002. It is also the first time since 2009 that a Clemson quarterback has thrown for 300 yards in a game. That year, Kyle Parker threw for 326 yards against Miami (FL).
* It is also the third straight game that Boyd has thrown for at least three touchdowns, all in his first three career starts. He is the first Clemson quarterback to throw for at least three touchdowns in three straight games, not to mention the first Clemson quarterback to throw for at least three touchdowns in his first three career starts. He now has 10 touchdown passes and one interception for the season.
* Boyd also is the first Clemson player to complete 30 passes in a game since Cullen Harper completed a record 37 passes in 66 attempts in a loss to Virginia Tech in 2007.
* Boyd had 386 yards passing and 30 yards rushing for 416 yards of total offense today. That is the fourth most in Clemson history for a single game and the most since Woody Dantzler had a record 517 yards of total offense at NC State in 2001.
* Boyd had the most total offense and most passing yards by a Clemson player in the history of Death Valley (opened in 1942) today.
* Sammy Watkins had career highs in receptions (10), receiving yards (155) and touchdowns (2). His 155 receiving yards are a freshman record and are tied for eighth-best all-time in Clemson history overall. The previous high for a freshman was 139 receiving yards by Roscoe Crosby in 2001 against Duke.
* His 10 receptions is also a Clemson freshman record and also ranks tied for eighth best in Clemson history. DeAndre Hopkins was the previous freshman record-holder, who had nine catches last season in the Meineke Car Bowl against South Florida.
* Watkins is also the first Clemson player to catch 10 passes in a game since 2008 when Aaron Kelly had 10 against Duke. In addition, Watkins carried the ball seven times for 44 yards to finish the game with 199 yards from scrimmage. That is the most yards from scrimmage by a Clemson player since C.J. Spiller had 238 in the 2009 ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech.
* Dwayne Allen recorded a career-high seven catches for a career-high 80 receiving yards and one touchdown. He now has 13 catches for 146 yards in two games against Auburn.
* Red-shirt freshman D.J. Howard carried the ball nine times for 86 yards in his third career game as a Tiger, career highs in both areas. True freshman Mike Bellamy also added 11 carries for 40 yards. That's a total of 20 carries for 126 yards for Clemson's reserve running backs. Andre Ellington was limited in the second half due to a pulled hamstring.
* Jonathan Meeks led the Clemson defense in tackles for the second straight week with eight stops. Xavier Brewer added six tackles, including a tackle for loss, while Andre Branch recorded five tackles, including a sack.
* Coty Sensabaugh recorded his fourth career interception in the fourth quarter. He also added five tackles.
* Clemson defeated 19th ranked (AP) Auburn today and plays a top 10 Florida State team next week followed by a ranked Virginia Tech team. It would be the first time in school history Clemson has played three straight games against top 20 opponents.
NOTES: Auburn goes down
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFB8:15 AM
ACC Media DayCUTigers was on hand in Charlotte for ACC Media Day on Wednesday. Watch Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell, All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame and point guard Avry Holmes discuss…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:56 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM