* With a win today, Clemson has now won five straight games against Florida State at Memorial Stadium. Clemson is the first ACC team to do that.
*Clemson has now defeated top 20 opponents each of the last two weeks. The Tigers
defeated 19th ranked Auburn last week and 11th ranked Florida State today. It is
the first time Clemson has beaten top 25 teams in consecutive games since 2005 when
the Tigers down 17th ranked Florida State and 19th South Carolina in Columbia in the
final two regular season games.
*This is the fourth time Clemson has beaten top 25 teams in back to back games, but
the first time the Tigers have done it at home.
* Clemson is now 35-23-1 all-time in ACC openers. Eight of Clemson's last 11 ACC
openers have been decided by six points or less. Clemson is 13-0 in ACC openers in
seasons it has won the ACC Championship.
* Today's win was Clemson's first win over the Seminoles when both teams enter the
game with a top 25 ranking since 1989. That season, Clemson entered the game ranked
10th while Florida State was ranked 16th. Clemson traveled to Florida State and won
the game 34-23.
* Clemson is now 4-0 on the season, which is the Tigers first start of at least 4-0
since 2007 when Clemson also started 4-0. This is just the sixth time since 1971
Clemson has opened at least 4-0.
*When Clemson plays a 4-0 Virginia Tech team next week it will be the first time
since, that Clemson has been involved in a battle of unbeatens who have played at
least four games since 2000 when Clemson was 5-0 and NC State 4-0 entering an
October 7 game at Clemson. The Tigers won that game 34-27.
* Clemson held Florida State to just 29 rushing yards for the game. That is fewest
rushing yards by an opponent since 2009 when Clemson held Boston College to 29
rushing yards. It is also the fewest rushing yards that Florida State has had
against Clemson since 2003 when the Tigers held the Seminoles to just 11 yards
* Clemson tallied 344 passing yards in today's game. It is the first time ever that
Clemson has thrown for at least 300 yards against Florida State and obviously Tajh
Boyd's 344 passing yards were the most by a Clemson quarterback against a Florida
* With 386 passing yards last week and 344 this week, Clemson has had 300 yards
passing in back-to-back games for the first time since 2007. That season, Clemson
threw for 372 yards against Virginia Tech and then threw for 315 yards the following
game against Central Michigan.
* Clemson has had at least 400 yards of total offense in all four games this season.
It is the first time since 2009 that Clemson has recorded at least 400 yards of
total offense in four consecutive games. That year, Clemson recorded 400 yards of
total offense in four straight games against Miami (FL) (410), Costal Carolina
(400), Florida State (483) and N.C. State (454).
Clemson Player Notes
* Sammy Watkins scored Clemson's first touchdown of the game on a 24-yard pass from
Tajh Boyd in the first quarter. That touchdown was Watkins fifth touchdown reception
of the season, which is a Clemson single season record for touchdown receptions by a
freshman. It took him just three full games and 7:13 into today's game to break that
* Watkins caught another touchdown pass in the fourth quarter for his sixth of the
season. He is now tied for ninth in Clemson history for touchdown receptions
regardless of class in a single season.
* Watkins finished the game with eight receptions for 141 receiving yards and two
touchdowns. Watkins has now had back-to-back games of at least 140 yard receiving
games as he had 155 in the win over Auburn last week. He joins former Clemson
All-American Rod Gardner (2000 vs. Maryland and North Carolina) as the only players
in school history with consecutive games of at least 140 yards receiving.
* Watkins also rushed three times for 13 yards and had one kickoff return for 21
yards for a total of 175 all-purpose yards. Watkins has now had at least 175
all-purpose yards in three straight games.
*Watkins has had a touchdown catch in four straight games. The Clemson record is
five by Derrick Hamilton in 2003 and Aaron Kelly in 2007.
* Tajh Boyd completed 23 of 37 passes for 344 passing yards and three touchdowns.
Boyd has now thrown for at least three touchdowns in all four games this season.
He is the first Tiger to do that in four straight games.
*Boyd has thrown for at least 300 yards in consecutive games, just the second Tiger
to do that. Charlie Whitehurst did it against Duke and South Carolina to close the
2003 regular season.
* DeAndre Hopkins recorded the longest reception of his career on a 50-yard pass
from Boyd in the first quarter. He finished the game with five receptions for 78
* Dwayne Allen caught four passes for 67 yards and one touchdown and has now caught
touchdown passes in consecutive games for the first time in his career.
* Quandon Christian recorded his first career interception in the first quarter. He
finished the game with two tackles in addition to the interception.
*Rennie Moore had a sack on Florida State's final play of the game. It was his
first sack of the year and he now has 5.5 for his career.
NOTES: Tigers topple FSU
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:18 AM
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:10 AM