That is largest point differential in a quarter since last season when Clemson outscored Presbyterian by 21 points in the first and second quarters.
* Clemson is now 65-20-3 on Homecoming, including 35-4-2 since 1972.
*Clemson is bowl eligible on October 8, the earliest the Tigers have been bowl
eligible on the calendar since 2000 when Clemson won its sixth game on October 7.
* Clemson is now 6-0 for just the ninth time in school history and the first time
since 2000 when the Tigers started 8-0. Clemson is also 3-0 in the ACC for the
first time since 2000 when the Tigers started 5-0.
* Clemson is now 3-0 in redemption home games (defeat a team at Clemson it lost to
on the road the previous season) this season and 20-7 in redemption home games since
* Clemson has now scored at least 35 points in five of the six games this season.
That is the most games with at least 35 points since 2009 when Clemson scored 35
points or more six times.
* Nine different Clemson players caught a pass in today's game. That is the most
since last season when 10 different Tigers caught a pass against Presbyterian.
* Clemson totaled exactly 500 yards of total offense in today's game. That is the
most yards of total offense against an ACC opponent since 2007 when the Tigers had
608 yards of total offense at N.C. State. It is the second game of at least 500
yards this year. The Tigers had 624 in the win over Auburn on September 17.
*Clemson is now 55-0-1 in its history when gaining at least 500 yards of total offense.
Clemson Player Notes
* With the win today, Tajh Boyd now has six consecutive wins as a starter to start
his career. He is now tied with Mike Eppley for the Clemson record for consecutive
wins as a starting quarterback to start a career.
* Boyd entered today's game leading the nation in third-down completions for a first
down with 27. He added two more in today's game giving him 29 for the season.
*Boyd threw his 15th touchdown pass of the season today. In just six games, that
is already the sixth most touchdown passes in a season by a Clemson quarterback.
The record is 27 by Cullen Harper in 13 games in 2007.
* Boyd scored the fourth rushing touchdown of his career on a career-long-tying
14-yard run in the first quarter. Boyd finished the game completing 16 of 26 passes
for 283 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed six times for 37 yards giving him
320 yards of total offense in today's game. He has had three 300-yard total offense
games this year and six straight games of at least 200 yards passing.
* Andre Ellington rushed 22 times for 117 yards and a touchdown in today's game.
That is Ellington's second 100-yard rushing game this season and the sixth of his
* Cole Stoudt finished the game 6-10 passing for 37 yards after Boyd went down with
an injury. It was his first appearance since the season opener against Troy.
* Chandler Catanzaro made a career-high five field goals in five attempts in today's
game earning him the Leather Helmet award in a vote by the media.. It is the first
time since 2009 that a Clemson kicker has made at least four field goals in a game.
Ironically, the last time too place when Clemson played Boston College at Memorial
Stadium in 2009. Richard Jackson went 6-6 against the Eagles to lead Clemson to a
25-7 victory. Jackson won the Leather Helmet Award that day. Clemson kickers have
now made 11-11 field goals against the Eagles in Death Valley over the last two
* Catanzaro also made a 42-yard field goal in the second quarter and 47-yard in the
third quarter making him 5-6 on field goals of at least 40 yards this season. He is
also now 11-15 from 40+ yards in his career.
* Sammy Watkins caught seven passes for 152 yards in today's game. Watkins now has
38 receptions on the season and has at least seven receptions in four of the six
games this season. Watkins has 623 receiving yards in six games. He is just 61
yards off the Clemson freshman receiving yardage record of 684 by Derrick Hamilton
*Watkins now has three receiving games of at least 140 yards this season. He is now
in second place in Clemson history in terms of CAREER 140-yard receiving games.Yes,
just six games into his career. Perry Tuttle had four in his career between
1978-81. Watkins is second with three, 152 today, 155 against Auburn and 141
against Florida State.
* Dwayne Allen had four receptions for 49 yards in today's game. He has now had at
least four catches in each of the last four games. Today also gave him 65
receptions in his Clemson career, one more than Bennie Cunningham had for the Tigers
* Jonathon "Tig" Willard led the Tiger defense today with nine tackles, including a
tackle for loss. Corico Hawkins added eight tackles and a one half tackle for loss.
* Malliciah Goodman, Andre Branch and Kourtnei Brown all recorded sacks for Clemson
today. Goodman also recorded three tackles for loss and forced a fumble in today's
game. It was a career high in terms of tackles for loss for Goodman.
NOTES: Tigers blast Eagles
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:18 AM
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…
NATIONAL SIGNING DAY HQKeep it right here for all of the latest developments on National Signing Day in Clemson!