Player Notes * Tajh Boyd threw a six-yard touchdown pass to DeAndre Hopkins in the first half, giving him eight consecutive games with a touchdown pass, all seven this year and the bowl game against South Florida to end last year. He broke the record for consecutive games throwing a touchdown pass in the process. The previous record was seven straight games by Kyle Parker in 2009.
* Boyd set the Clemson record for wins by a starting quarterback to start a career with his seventh straight victory. He was previously tied with Mike Eppley, who won six in a row to start his career between 1982-83.
* Boyd finished the game with four touchdown passes and now has 19 for the year. That is the fifth most in a season in Clemson history. The record is 27 by Cullen Harper in 2007.
* Boyd finished the game with 270 yards passing and four touchdown passes. He has had at least 200 yards passing in every game this year.
* Andre Ellington had his third 100-yard game of the year and the seventh of his career tonight. He had a career high 212 yards rushing this evening. It is the most yards rushing since C.J. Spiller had 233 yards vs. Georgia Tech in the 2009 ACC Championship game.
* Ellington now has 20 career rushing touchdowns and 22 total touchdowns.
* Sammy Watkins established the Clemson freshman receiving yardage record for a season this evening. He had 105 receiving yards, giving him 728 for the season. The previous record was 684 by Derrick Hamilton in 2001.
* Watkins had 345 yards of all-purpose running this evening, an all-time Clemson record. The previous record was 312 by C.J. Spiller vs. Florida State in 2009. He also scored three touchdowns in tonight's game and became the second freshman to score three TDs in a game. Ronald Williams, whose son DeShawn Williams is on the Clemson team, had three vs. Appalachian State in 1990.
* When Watkins returned a kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter it marked the third straight year Clemson had returned a kickoff for a touchdown against the Terps. C.J. Spiller did it in 2009, Andre Ellington last year.
* With Watkins' eight receptions against Maryland, he now has five of the top 12 single game freshman bests in Clemson history.
* Darius Robinson had a career high eight tackles. His previous best was four against Virginia Tech this season.
* Clemson had just five turnovers in the first six games that led to 16 points entering this game. Clemson had two turnovers in the first quarter that led to 14 points. The interception return for a score by Cameron Chisolm in the first half was just the third interception thrown by Tajh Boyd this year. It came on his 199th attempt of the year. Boyd did come back and complete 11 of his last 15 of the first half.
* Clemson ran 48 plays for 281 yards and had 16 first downs in the first half, yet trailed by 11 points.
* Clemson scored in all four quarters tonight and has now scored in 19 straight quarters, going back to the second quarter of the Auburn game on Sept. 17.
* Clemson had at least 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing and over 500 yards of total offense tonight. It was the third time this year Clemson had at least 200 yards or each and the third time Clemson has had at least 500 yards or total offense. Clemson is now 56-0-1 in its history when gaining at least 200 yards of each and 56-0-1 when gaining at least 500 yards of total offense.
* This was the second greatest comeback in Clemson history and just the second time in history that the Tigers have overcome an 18-point or more deficit. Clemson overcame a 28-0 deficit to defeat Virginia 29-28 in Charlottesville on Oct. 10, 1992.
* Clemson also overcame a 14-point deficit against Auburn. This 2011 team is the only team in Clemson history to overcome two deficits of 14 points or more in a season.
* Clemson remained undefeated on the season. Of the 13 teams that entered this week undefeated, three suffered a loss, with Oklahoma-Kansas still in action. Illinois, Georgia Tech and Michigan all lost to leave 10 undefeated teams.
* Saturday's game was the highest scoring game in the series history between Clemson and Maryland. The 101 total points surpassed the 79 scored in a 52-27 Clemson victory in 1983.
* Clemson is now 4-0 in the ACC, its best start in conference play since the Tigers opened with a 5-0 record in the 2000 season en route to an 8-0 overall start.
NOTES: Tigers find a way
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM