* Clemson is now 3-0 all-time against Ball State and 4-0 all-time against the Mid-American Conference (MAC).
* Clemson has now won eight straight games at home after going 7-0 at home
* Clemson scored 45 points in the first half of today's game. That is the
most points scored by Clemson in a half since the Tigers scored 49 points
in the first half against Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson's 52 points in today's game were the most since the Tigers 59
points against North Carolina last season.
* Clemson had two 100-yard passers in today's game, as Tajh Boyd threw for
229 and Cole Stoudt threw for 123 yards. It is the first time since the
2010 Meineke Car Care Bowl against South Florida and just the seventh time
in school history that Clemson has had two 100-yard passers in the same
game. In that 2010 contest, Kyle Parker threw for 134 yards and Tajh Boyd
threw for 112 yards.
* Clemson tallied 526 yards of total offense in today's game. Clemson is
now 59-0-1 all-time when amassing 500+ yards of total offense. It is also
the first time Clemson has had back-to-back games of 500+ yards of total
offense since last season when the Tigers had 500 against Boston College
and 576 at Maryland in back-to-back games.
* It is also the first time since at least 1980 that Clemson has had
back-to-back games of 500+ yards of total offense in the first two games
of the season.
* Clemson's defense held Ball State to 69 plays after the Cardinals ran 96
plays last week in their opener. The Tiger defense limited the Cardinals
to just 10 plays in the first quarter and 20 in the second for 30 total
plays in the first half. Comparatively, the Tigers ran 53 plays in the
* Clemson held Ball State to 3-for-14 (.214) on third-down conversions in
today's game. The Tigers held Auburn to 4-for-13 (.308) on third-down
conversions last week, so opposing teams are 7-for-27 (.259) against the
Clemson defense this season.
* Clemson had 12 different players catch a pass in today's game. That is
the most players to catch a pass in a single game since 2007 when Clemson
had 12 different players catch a pass against Louisiana-Monroe.
* DeAndre Hopkins caught six passes for 105 yards receiving with three
touchdowns in the first half. Hopkins now has 13 career touchdown
receptions. However, today was the first time that Hopkins has had more
than one touchdown reception in a game in his career.
* With his three touchdown receptions, Hopkins ties a school record for
receiving touchdowns and joins Rod Gardner, Dreher Gaskin and Tony Horne
as the only other players to accomplish the feat. Gardner was the last to
do so when he scored three against North Carolina in 2000. Hopkins,
though, was able to able to accomplish the feat in just one half of
* Hopkins also now has three consecutive games of at least 100+ receiving
yards, which ties a Clemson record. Rod Gardner had three in 2000, Tony
Horne had three in 1997, and Charlie Waters had three in 1969.
* Spencer Benton's 61-yard field goal at the end of the first half is a
school and ACC record for longest field goal. The previous ACC record was
60 yards by Gary Cismesia of Florida State in 2007. The previous Clemson
record was 57 yards, which happened twice in school history. Obed Ariri
kicked a 57-yarder against Wake Forest in 1977 and Chris Gardocki a made
57-yard field goal against Appalachian State in 1990.
* Benton's 61-yard field goal is also Clemson's first made field goal of
50+ yards since 2009 when Richard Jackson made a 51-yard field goal at
Maryland on October 3.
* Tajh Boyd finished today's game 19-for-23 for 229 yards passing and
three touchdowns. He now has 41 career touchdown passes, which ties him
with Woodrow Dantzler for third place on the career passing touchdowns
* Cole Stoudt set career highs in pass completions (12), pass attempts
(18) and passing yards (123) in today's game.
* Charone Peake recorded a career-high seven receptions for a career-high
44 yards in today's game. Adam Humphries had a career-high in both
receptions (6) and receiving yards (49) and had a 27-yard reception, the
longest of his career.
* Stephone Anthony led the Clemson defense with a career-high nine tackles
and his first career interception. Bashaud Breeland added eight tackles
for the Tigers and Travis Blanks recorded a career-high seven in his
second career game.
* DeShawn Williams finished today's game with three tackles, including a
sack and 1.5 tackles for loss. His father, Ronald Williams, played against
Ball State in 1992 and tallied 58 yards rushing on nine carries.
NOTES: Tigers crush Ball State
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ACC Media DayCUTigers was on hand in Charlotte for ACC Media Day on Wednesday. Watch Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell, All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame and point guard Avry Holmes discuss…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:56 AM
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBWednesday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM